Action Against Hunger has been operating in Jordan since 2013. The Jordan mission is dynamic and rapidly growing, with large-scale WASH, Livelihoods and Mental Health and Care Practices (MHPSS) programmes being implemented in host communities and the Azraq refugee camp. The Jordan country strategy combines humanitarian and development projects to address the needs of Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanians through a holistic approach. With a team of 12 international employees and more than 100 national colleagues, the Action Against Hunger Jordan team manages a portfolio of projects for over 7 million euros, in response to the Syria crisis and its reverberating effects on development conditions in Jordan. Donors supporting these programmes include the EU via MADAD, AFD, GIZ, SDC, UNOCHA, UN Habitat, the Suez Foundation and ACF internal funding. Action Against Hunger also works in close partnership with UNICEF.
Action Against Hunger Jordan's programming is dynamic, startling the humanitarian-development transition and truly capitalising on the value found in integrated programming. Mental health needs in Jordan exceed the current scope and capacity of service providers, and finding sustainable ways to ensure mental health support is available to both Syrian refugees and host community members is the main driving force behind Action Against Hunger's one MHPSS project. The success of this project will determine the direction of future MHPSS programming by the mission.
You will establish and maintain the quality, relevance, and measured scale of the Action Against Hunger MHPSS strategy and programmes in Jordan for Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanian households in conformity with Action Against Hunger and international standards and national policies
More precisely, you will be in charge to :
• Pursue MHPSS programme development, including pushing forward into new or expanding on existing thematic areas of programming (potentially including mental health system strengthening, community-based psychosocial support, and mental health case management) through evidence-based decision-making and within the frame of a gender analysis
• Review the orientation of the MHPSS strategy in line with the review of the Jordan country strategy, ensuring integration with other programmes
• Expand on Action Against Hunger's position as a technically sound and well-informed actor in the MHPSS sector through inter-agency coordination as well as partnership development and management
• Take action on advocacy inroads and approaches on critical matters affecting MHPSS, in line with the humanitarian and development agendas in Jordan and Action Against Hunger's global and regional positions and priorities
• Build and reinforce the technical capacity of Action Against Hunger's team in Jordan on the dimensions of MHPSS and its intersections with cross-cutting issues
You hold a Master degree in Clinical Psychology.
You have at least 3 years of related field experience with humanitarian NGO and a significant mental health case management experience
You have an experience in implementing MHPSS humanitarian programs and in care practices.
Ability to manage priorities & take decisions.
You should have an empowering attitude to generate both positivity and momentum at field level as well as through more diplomatic engagement of key stakeholders such as government ministries and donors. You will need to be communicative so as to leverage existing relationships and maximise on inroads that will support MHPSS programme development.
Very Good proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Demonstrated experience and/or personal commitment to promoting gender equity and equality.