The Student Accessibility Services is seeking for an incumbent for the position of Accessibility Technology Specialist to be responsible for creating accessible content and providing technical training for students with physical disabilities and Learning Difficulties (Students of Determination) who are registered with Students Accessibility Services Department (SAS), in-line with international SEN best practice. Proactively promotes the awareness about SAS to encourage the acceptance of Students of Determination amongst Zayed University community. In addition, the incumbent advocates on behalf of students on disability related matters, and provides consultations to students, faculty and staff on technical issues.
• Monitor and integrate new technologies in education for SEN students, aiding learning and teaching for curricular development.
• Conducts training and promotes the use of assistive technology, especially relating to Apple accessibility features to students and faculty
• Plans, trains and evaluates professional development activities and events for SAS and ZU community members interested in adapting content for Students of Determination.
• Recommends innovative assistive technologies and software for the ongoing, upgrading and updating of SAS Inclusive Learning Center.
• Develops outreach programs and scale the work done by SAS for other educational institutions in the Emirates and the region at large.
• Aids the development, creation and management of all digital content for SAS and SAS related projects.
• Manages a caseload of students and oversee support services for Students of Determination
• Follows up progress of Students of Determination throughout the academic year.
• Provides training and orientation for instructors about the technical educational needs of Students of Determination to meet the curriculum Objectives
• Runs and participates in awareness events and conduct visits to classroom in Zayed University to inform students about SAS services.
• Visits schools to promote the Student Accessibility Services Department to encourage students with Learning Difficulties to join ZU.
• Conduct workshops and presentations on accessibility and Learning Difficulties for the professional development of faculty and staff at Zayed University.
• Serve on committees as deemed appropriate and represent the department at university functions as requested.
• Performs any relevant duties as assigned by the Director.
• Must possess a Bachelor s degree from an accredited institution in, Learning Difficulties, Information Technology or related field, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in administering services for individuals with Learning Difficulties to include identifying and implementing student accommodations or an equivalent combination of both.
Other essential requirements:
• Ability to design innovative digital and physical learning spaces.
• Demonstrated understanding of UAE laws related to Learning Difficulties.
• Demonstrated understanding of developmental issues facing university students from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Learning Difficulties assessment, accommodations, services and related technologies.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills; strong planning and facilitation skills.
The University s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.