The Accounts Assistant will manage Accounts Payable/ Receivable activities such as data entry, petty cash and payroll management.
1. Verifies payment certificates / GRN (Goods Received Note) submitted by the support departments viz., HR, Administration, Legal, etc. to ensure accuracy and completeness of documents received (Invoices, Delivery Notes, LPOs, LOAs, etc.).
2. Processes the payments as approved by GCE Finance by issuing cheques or bank transfer orders ensuring approved DOA is followed.
3. Coordinates with contractors and suppliers for providing information on the status of pending payments and details of payment released.
4. Reviews the petty cash expenses from petty cash custodians within GCE & GCRE for reimbursement and passes necessary accounting entries. Conducts spot audits to check for any discrepancies and highlights the same to Line Manager.
5. Processes and records all employee disbursements.
6. Follow up with Administration for utility bills and ensures the same are paid within deadlines.
7. Processes Intercompany debit notes and credit notes for CBM & CP.
8. Prepares Intercompany reconciliation for all companies mentioned under “Business Unit”, CBM, CP, AGH & Family Office.
9. Ensures monthly closure of payables module.
10. Prepares monthly bank reconciliation of GCE, GCM .
11. Coordinates with Maintenance departments to ensure that eAM (Enterprise Asset Management) Work Orders are closed on time (this is the ultimate responsibility of GCM) to close the eAM module.
12. Prepares regular reports as and when specified / required.
13. Liaise with internal and external auditors for providing relevant information as delegated.
14. Performs the monthly payroll
15. Perform other routine accounting and HR activities, as directed.
Reporting to: Accounts Manager
The Accounts Assistant is expected to work for 5 days/wk, 9hrs/day
Holder of the following types of Visa: Husbands, Visa Fathers Visa Student, Visa Mothers, Visa Own Visa
Employment type: Temporary basis 6 months