• Maintain up-to-date billing system, generate and send out invoices, follow up on, collect and allocate payments, carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines, perform account reconciliations, Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities, research and resolve payment discrepancies, generate age analysis, review AR aging to ensure compliance, maintain accounts receivable customer files and records, follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc, process credit card payments, prepare bank deposits, investigate and resolve customer queries, process adjustments, develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts, communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally, assist with month-end closing, collect data and prepare monthly metrics
• Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
• Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
• Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
• Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
• Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
• Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
• Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
• Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing reports.
• Protects organization s value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.