IDC is a premier global market analysis, advisory and events firm focused on the ICT sector. We are headquartered in Framingham, MA, USA, and have offices in over 50 countries worldwide, employing over 1500 analysts and consultants. Our headquarters for the Middle East, Turkey and Africa (META) region, is based in Dubai, UAE.
IDC offers information products and consulting services to global and local IT vendors, telecom operators, national ICT development agencies, regulators, and CIOs and IT decision makers across various industries. Our research and advisory cover all major technology markets such as cloud, datacenters, mobility, devices, enterprise software, security, the Internet of Things (IoT), big data analytics and others.
Our solutions support ICT providers in such areas as business strategy and planning, portfolio strategy, competitive strategy and go to market strategies.
Our information products include market trackers, reports and subscription services, and custom advisory / consulting engagements.
In addition to research and advisory, IDC organizes numerous ICT-themed events targeted at IT decision makers across various industries. The events provide a platform for key stakeholders of the ICT industry to come together to discuss latest technology trends and their impact.
IDC is looking for an Account Manager who is familiar with the problems and trends of the ICT and vendor landscape within the region. The Account Manager is responsible for achieving quarterly and annual goals by managing a territory and specific technology verticals. The Account Manager will build the sales plans and maintain direct relationships with end user organizations on major opportunities and will work closely with and leverage the selected partners to maximize the revenue opportunities within the territory. The Sales Account Manager will also be responsible for account management activities and after sales support for IDC s subscription-based customers.
• Prepare sales proposals and quotations in collaboration with analysts team
• Identify key contacts and decision makers within the accounts and keep them up to date
• Follow up on proposal generation
• Generate and maintain a credible forecast for accounts and/or territories and provide this information on regular basis to management
• Serve as the primary customer contact
• Responsible for the Account Management program for the IDC research user community
• Develop and implement the engagement plan (after sales support) for the existing subscription-based users of IDC research within the region
• 3-5 years similar experience
• Solid overview of ICT market and vendor landscape within the region
• Client oriented
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent written and language skills
• Excellent presentation and demonstration skills both in a group setting and on the phone
• Self-motivated/team player
• Detail oriented
• Able and willing to learn and follow internal processes and guidelines
• Ability to pay special attention to handling sensitive client information.