The Account Manager is responsible for identifying and developing strategic business relationships with new and existing customers, proactively developing new business opportunities in support of OSIsoft s growth strategy. Account Managers are also responsible for with key business executives and stakeholders, liaising between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure customer s needs are met.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop market need for OSIsoft software products and services by calling on all existing and prospective customers in the defined territory.
• Build and execute account plans incorporating fundamental software strategies to deliver accurate business forecasts.
• Expedite resolution of key customer complaints and problems.
• Leverage OSIsoft global and local partner relationships that can positively influence the purchase of OSIsoft products and services.
• Effectively use the available internal resources available in marketing, and technical support to meet the candidates' individual business goals.
• Provide mentoring/coaching for less experienced account managers.
• Provide assistance to global accounts that may exist in the territory.
• Develop and maintain a sufficient knowledge of the industries, the trends and issues to effectively align and apply OSIsoft's technologies to meet customer's business goals
• Maintain personal knowledge and skill levels with OSIsoft products and account support applications according to guidelines established by OSIsoft through recurrent annual training within the Company or designated external resources.
• Make written and verbal presentations addressing the business needs of the customer to propose technology-based solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• BSc in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required;
• BSc in Software Engineering.
• Other Science Degrees
• Minimum 8 years of proven direct sales and business development experience in the software industry.
• Needs to be excellent communicator capable of maintaining relationships with existing accounts while also generating new business;
• Must be customer-focused, willing to learn;
• Motivated by results and ultimately long-term customer satisfaction.
• Mobility is required, given that the candidate will travel regularly to customer sites.
• Essential traits for success are those of being an outgoing, ambitious, self-managed, well organized, autonomous type of individual.
• Good communication [written, verbal, and listening] skills, personal tact and diplomacy, and excellent problem solving skills are mandatory.
• A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and skill in the use of Information Technology within the process industry domain, typically derived from employment or consulting.