Home to some of the fastest-growing economies in the world, the Middle East and Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 30 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 32 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait. Our projects also take us to Cairo, Amman, Muscat, Beirut and other markets in the Levant.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO s MEA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings.
In addition, APCO s global AI Comms Lab , a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the Middle East and pride ourselves on making an impact.
APCO Worldwide is seeking an Associate Consultant/Account Manager to join our team in Dubai, UAE, and help drive our growth in the Middle East region. The role requires hands-on engagement at all levels of the client relationship, from research and content generation to media relations and creative problem-solving.
You will take ownership of the day-to-day management of various projects and ensure the success of critical milestones, including strategy development and crisis management while ensuring consistent opportunities for positioning in target markets.
In the role, you will have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including corporate communication, crisis and issues, corporate social responsibility, stakeholder engagement, digital/social media and business development. In addition, you could work with clients in food and consumer products, healthcare, tech, financial, energy, education and non-profit sectors.
• Supports and implements a wide range of strategic communication projects and campaigns for our high-profile, globally recognized clients
• Provides the highest level of client service consistently and ensures client satisfaction
• Navigates basic client briefs to produce flawless content and deliverables under tight deadlines
• Demonstrates inclusivity and culturally-sensitive work ethic in a diverse work environment
• Participates in strategy development for client initiatives and campaigns
• Takes ownership of media relations efforts including cultivating relationships with media
• Attends and actively participates in internal and client meetings, including brainstorming sessions
• Participates in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
• Mentors junior staff and interns; encourages proactive teamwork and knowledge-sharing
Qualifications & Standards
• A minimum of 2-3 years of PR/strategic communications, public affairs or media relations experience agency experience is a plus
• Bachelor s degree from an accredited university in English or other Liberal Arts, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Social Sciences, or other related fields
• Solid project management experience and a proven ability to oversee multiple projects and client initiatives, and manage teams of both junior and senior colleagues in a fast-paced environment
• Previous experience developing and supporting strategic communications plans (corporate or financial communications, issues management, internal communications, crisis communications, etc.) across various industries and subject areas (financial services, healthcare, food and consumer goods, technology, transportation, energy, etc.)
• Demonstrate exceptional presentation, writing and analytical skills
• Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person
• Well-versed in current events and headline news at local, national, and international levels
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases and social media networks