Position: Accountant (Construction Industry)
Location: Tikrit, Iraq
NB: Only Applicants with accounting experience within the construction industry and willing to relocate to Tikrit, Iraq will be considered for this vacancy.
Ideal candidate is:
- A holder of a BA in Accounting/Finance.
- 2 years of experience handling accounting tasks specifically within the construction, general contractor, and/or real-estate development industries.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (read, written, spoken).
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel Knowledge using Visual Dolphin software is a major plus.
- Multitasker and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision in a fast-paced working environment.
- Possesses excellent time management and organization skills with attention to detail.
- Has an understanding of overall project execution processes including budgeting, forecasts, cash flows, forecast-to-actual variance analyses, cost control, schedule, anticipated cost and project profitability.
- Willing to relocate to Tikrit, Iraq with 4 trips/year back to Lebanon.
Main responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Conducting primary accounting functions for construction including, but not limited to, month-end and year-end close activities, preparation and review of income statements, general ledger accounts, forecasting, balance sheets and cash account reconciliations.
- Overseeing cash flow and cash management and reconciliation, including, but not limited to, construction works in progress accrual and deferred account balances.
- Ensuring the timely management of accounts receivable and accounts payable for all projects.
- Tracking items against project budget for billing to owner and payment to subs/vendors.
- Performing cost accounting activities including, but not limited to, cost accruals, job cost analysis and works in progress schedule preparation.
- Developing cash projections, conducts cash flow analysis and oversees proper processing of sales.
- Working with external auditors for year-end audits and interim reviews.
- Preparing monthly internal financial statements for line manager s and management s review.