In this role you will be required to perform a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization s financial resources and to ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws and reporting requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
Accounts payable disbursement
• Prepares invoices for payment
• Selects, prints checks, prints disbursement reports and updates
• Obtains two signatures on each check
• Types manual checks as requested by authorized managers
• Enters voided checks
• Aging report preparation
• Send invoices and statement to customers
• Credit control
• Posting receipts in SAP
• Enters transactions in cash book
• Bank reconciliation
• Filing of bank statements
• Posting of exchange rate gains and losses
• Balance sheet reconciliations and postings; bank guarantees, staff loans, staff advances and deposits
• Preparation of month end journals; accruals
• Inter-company transactions; employee expenses, intercompany recharges etc
• Payroll preparation
• Reviewing transaction to ensure conformance with generally accepted accounting principles
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor s Degree in accounting; CPA or equivalent qualifications preferred
• Computer literacy, competency in use of all programs within MS Office
• Extensive experience in a similar role
• Experience of working in a multinational and multicultural environment is an advantage
• Individual should have advance knowledge in finance software applications, databases and spreadsheets and a robust understanding of accounting standards
• Prior SAP experience is an advantage
• Languages: English and Arabic
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to our people, safety, the environment and ethical business practices.
With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and service the products used by our customers in process industries for their mission-critical operations.
Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do it is our legacy. Our core values respect, ownership, integrity, customer focus and passion guide our actions and behavior every day.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.