We are seeking experienced certified Accountants to work within Chalhoub's Corporate Accounting team
The Accountant operates within defined parameters, prepares accounts and analysis as required. He/she is mainly responsible for sales invoices, intercompany billing, inventories, assets control, contracts etc, and would typically provide support either to a specific division or specific brands.
In their endeavor to excellence, the fundamental values all our employees must possess are Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility
• Is responsible for the timely payment of all vendor liabilities
• Calculate the landed costs of purchases and updating inventory
• Maintain the fixed assets register in the accounting system
• Prepare statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues
• Maintain general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records
• Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
• Verify correctness of all quotations issued by any team member
• Issue invoices and follow up payable and receivable accounts
• Monitor and periodically summarize all petty cash floats and expenses across the company
• Monitor the cash flow on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
• Record supplier invoices in the accounting system
Reconciliations (Bank Reconciliations)
• Ensure that all suppliers accounts are fully reconciled periodically
• Is responsible for the preparation of inter-company reconciliations and the resolution of outstanding items
• Maintain and update all accounts
• Maintain the accounting of lease-related activities in the system and work out recharges to vendor
• Support in cash management, banking, vendor relationships and implementation of the ERP system
• Liaise with HR on the financial and timely payment arrangements for the monthly payroll
• Check the accuracy of the Letters of Credit applications
• Liaise with banks to open Letters of Credit
Reporting and Analysis
• Assist in preparation of MIS report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including Budget vs. Actual variance reports.
Education and Experience Background:
• 3-4 years experience
• Linguistic Skills
Fluent in English, Arabic is a plus.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to build a career with a world-class luxury retail marketing team.
• The chance to live and work in a dynamic regional retail hub.
• Staff discounts at all participating Chalhoub partner brands.
• Onsite Gym.
• Onsite canteen serving daily lunch.
Industry Type :
Functional Area :
Accounts / Taxation / Audit / Company Secretary