To analyze, process, and maintain Company s taxation, GSA s, Operations and Outstation financial transactions and records ensuring compliance with approved accounting standards and procedures.
Assists in preparing budgets, financial reports and financial analysis; Interacts with internal and external parties such as government departments, banks, auditors, GSAs and suppliers in order to facilitate or resolve function-related matters as per Air Arabia adopted policies and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities
• Maintains accounting controls and financial security throughout all the transactions carried by auditing documents, adhering to the approved policies and procedures, and alerting the manager with any abnormalities or discrepancies noticed.
• Ensures the accuracy and correctness of all financial entries carried by him/her in the SAGE X3 in conformity with recognized financial dimensions . Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Ensure correct calculation of direct and indirect tax, conversion of Books of Global Accounting and Tax Audits timely and accurately; processes timely tax payments in the identified locations whilst properly filing all tax related documents such as challan, tax receipts, TDS certificates, PAN cards, etc.
• Prepares, reviews, and submits the GST returns and TDS returns for India activities timely and accurately. Replies to Legal Consultants queries within time on TDS returns filing.
• Prepares and files the required schedules for DGIT / DGP / AD filing with Indian Income tax authorities and other FEMA Compliances.
• Prepares, reviews, and processes the invoices on early bird discount for India activities.
• Processes the claims for CENVAT on all required invoices ensuring credit is done within timeframe and registration conditions set by Indian Income tax laws.
Key Result Responsibilities - Continued
• Prepare, review and discuss the Transfer Pricing report with Manager Management accounts and ensure timely submission of the report with Indian Income Tax Authorities.
• Prepare, review and discuss the ROC Filing documents and ensure timely submission with India ROC.
• Prepares the receipt/payments account for India activities; submits required documents to authorized bank in India and processes the funds remittance accordingly.
• Monitors the flow of activities with outsource service providers and ensures all invoices are posted on timely basis and addresses issues if any for remedial actions.; maintains and communicates the procedural manual to the service providers.
• Prepare the reconciliations of tax ledgers on monthly basis and ensure the same are reconciled on timely basis.
• Processes and follows up on the Tax related areas required by the Company in countries of operation ensuring timeliness and accuracy in processing and recording all transactions such as payments, returns, retention and reporting as well as compliance with the requirements and regulations.
• Assists in analyzing tax reports extracted from the reservation system and preparing the tax liability monthly or periodically considering tax rules for each of the countries of operation. Prepares tax reports to be submitted to Consultants in due time.
For more details please refer to original job description.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
• Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance/ Commerce or equivalent from a recognized university.
• Chartered Accountant/Certified Professional Accountant or Fresh Graduate/MBA Finance is an advantage.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office- Advanced Excel, Access, Word, Power Point skills, Internet and Web Search.
• Fluent in English Language.
• 3+ years of comprehensive experience in corporate finance/accounting in Airline Industry handling taxation and cost areas.
• Must have worked in a mid-sized organization operating on a regional/multinational level, preferably in Airlines/Travel/Tourism industry; experience with low-cost airline would be an advantage.
• Capable of understanding tax concepts and executing tax requirements in due course.
• Sound knowledge in accounting cycle, process flow and procedures is a pre-requisite.
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge in accounting fundamentals and systems such as SFAS (Statements of Financial Accounting Concepts).
• Strong math and numerical reasoning ability and high accuracy are mandatory for this role.
• Familiar with formalities and pre-requisites associated with internal and external audits.
• Experienced in a computerized accounting environment is essential.
• Very good exposure on financial models and new technologies in the industry.
• High attention to details, confidentiality, and ability to adhere to procedures and set measures are a must.