The College of Humanities and Social Sciences seeks an incumbent for the position of Administrative Officer to provide administrative support in coordinating a variety of administrative and operational activities in the college.
• Performs administrative duties for the Dean and Associate/Assistant Dean.
• First point of contact for students and faculty and a variety of internal and external clients and colleagues.
• Receives incoming visitors and phone calls and responds to requests.
• Prepares bilingual Arabic and English correspondence, presentations, reports, agendas, background materials and minutes. Maintains files and stock of informational material for visitors.
• Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments, notifying attendees of location and time. Coordinates room bookings, equipment and catering for supervisor.
• Collects, screens, distributes mail and prepares outgoing mail and liaises with courier companies for collection, when needed.
• Maintains office supplies and equipment.
• Collects, distributes and sends faxes, performs photocopying, maintains working order of the office machinery.
• Maintains updated College faculty databases as well as tracking and retrieving frequently requested.
• Coordinates and liaise events and Conferences under the CHSS and keeps track of faculty PD.
• Maintains student files; responds to student inquiries; maintains database on students.
• Registers the attendance record of the students into the university system in case of faculty s absence.
• Assists faculty in exam preparation for students.
• Assist in the implementation and coordination of Digital Badges
• Contributes to special projects when required.
• Must possess a Bachelor degree from an accredited institution, with a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a secretarial/ administrative role, preferably with senior management or in an educational institution.
• Demonstrated success in planning, organization and execution of programs, events, service and deliverables.
• High degree of computer competency using email, Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), web-based tools.
• Sound working knowledge of Zayed University is preferred.
• Bilingual (English/Arabic) is an asset
• Experience working in the academic environment.