The Student Affairs Deanship seeks an incumbent for the position of Administrative Officer to provide administrative support to Student Leadership Department to function smoothly and effectively at both campuses Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Actively supports in coordinating a variety of administrative and operational activities for the department.
Interacts effectively, professionally and courteously with students, faculty, staff and visitors inquiries and requests.
Under the guidance of the Director, the incumbent is accountable for the following:
• Serves as first point of contact for students and a variety of internal and external stakeholders and colleagues.
• Receives incoming visitors and phone calls and responds to requests. Explains department and services, assists students with policies and procedures.
• May deal directly with various offices in the university on behalf of the Student Leadership department at both campuses Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
• Prepares correspondence, presentations, reports, agendas, background materials and minutes. Maintains files and stock of informational material for the department and visitors.
• Supports in communicating and maintaining a positive relationship with internal and external stakeholders in addressing inquiries and concerns.
• Maintains supplies and equipment; photocopies; faxes; monitors office accounts for fax and telephone calls.
• Maintains and monitors the department s budget.
• Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments, notifies attendees of location and time. Coordinates room bookings, equipment and catering for the department.
• Arranges for travel and consultancies.
• Oversees the department administrators daily schedules and attend some meetings to take minutes.
• Maintains student discipline files.
• Provide additional support to the overall work and responsibilities of the Section;
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director.
Must possess a bachelor s degree from an accredited institution of higher education and have 2 years experience working in a secretarial/administrative role, preferably with senior management or in an educational institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other essential requirements:
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills in English.
• Must have experience with Microsoft Office.
The University s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.