The Institute for Community Engagement seeks an incumbent for the position of Administrative Officer to provide administrative support to ICE management and project managers by coordinating the logistics of ICE operation and training programs. Manage communication with all stakeholders.
• Performs administrative duties for the Director of ICE
• Receives incoming visitors and phone calls and responds to requests.
• Prepares bilingual Arabic and English correspondence, presentations, reports, agendas, background materials and minutes. Maintains files and stock of informational material for visitors.
• Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments, notifying attendees of location and time. Coordinates room bookings, equipment and catering for project managers.
• Collects, screens, distributes mail and prepares outgoing mail and liaises with courier companies for collection, when needed.
• Collects, distributes and sends faxes, performs photocopying, maintains working order of the office machinery.
• Coordinates all logistical requirements on campus or at clients sites.
• Support the Project Managers by coordinates all administration requirements and aspects of ICE training programs.
• Maintains ICE inventory in terms of office supplies, training materials, equipment and files
• Maintains accurate records/files of classes, instructors, and students.
• Coordinates participants assignments and keep records of them and follow up with participants regarding their assignments.
• Advises participants regarding training programs; explains education, training, enrollment availability, requirements etc
• Perform other related tasks as requested by the Director.
• Must possess a Bachelor degree from an accredited institution, with a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a secretarial/ administrative role, preferably with senior management or in an educational institution.
• Demonstrated success in planning, organization and execution of programs, events, service and deliverables.
• High degree of computer competency using email, Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), web-based tools.
• Sound working knowledge of Zayed University is preferred.
• Bilingual (English/Arabic) is an asset.
• Experience working in the academic environment.