The Office of The Provost seeks an incumbent for the position of Administrative Officer to provide administrative and logistical support to the Provost as well as organizational and executive level assistance in support of the priorities and accountabilities in the Office of the Provost.
• Provides administrative support to ensure that the office of the Provost functions as smoothly and efficiently.
• Performs general clerical duties applying established office system procedures.
• Identifies issues and priorities; plans, organizes and executes effective delivery of reports, programs and events as required.
• Able to manage a diverse portfolio and workload, delivering service with a sense of urgency to meet time-frames and deliverables.
• Screens and prioritizes incoming items to ensure the Provost is advised of current issues, events and items.
• Assists in facilitating implementation of directives and projects sent through the Office of the Provost, monitoring their progress.
• Plans, organizes and executes programs, projects and a range of diverse assignments.
• Assists in planning and organizing visits to ZU by selected visitors specifically invited through the Office of the Provost.
• Ensures appropriate protocol is implemented when working with senior officials of government, industry, and higher education.
• Assists the Executive Assistant in Liaising with Office of the Vice President and Senior Management in the absence of the Executive Assistant.
• Organizes or coordinates, attends, takes minutes of the meeting, follow up action items and prepare meeting materials as directed.
• Develops and manages systems to enhance the effectiveness of the Provost s Office.
• Develops and prepares management and other reports and documents.
• Must possess a Bachelor s Degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 2 years of experience on providing executive assistance to a senior business or higher educational leader or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor s degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution.
• Demonstrated success in planning, organization and execution of programs, events, service and deliverables.
• High degree of computer competency using email, Office (Word, Excel and Power point), web-based tools.
• Outstanding written and verbal English skills.
• Bilingual (English/Arabic) is an asset.
The University s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.