The role of the Event Operations Back of the House (OPB) department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. OPB includes the following service areas: (1) Cleaning & Waste Management, (2) Logistics, (3) Site Management, (4) Landlord Asset Handover and (5) Business Support.
The purpose of the Administrator Cleaning and Waste Management (CWM) is to maintain document control and coordinate the service planning and delivery for the Cleaning and Waste Management FA, integrating with other Event Operations Functional Areas, other business departments and external stakeholders.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Assist with day-to-day running of the functional area and operations;
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of administration, document control, reporting and programme management activities specifically related to Cleaning & Waste Management;
- Administer the day-to-day operations of document control, providing support to the team in order to achieve high performance standards;
- Control and filing of all hard and soft copy documentation;
- Support the use of Expo Procurement, Finance, Service Delivery and Logistics Systems;
- Assist in the process of managing the relationships with key internal stakeholders such as Venue Operations, Accreditation, Security, Site Management, Workforce and Guest group owners;
- Assist with the update to the Cleaning & Waste Management programme milestones, weekly reporting, procurement plans, risk register, issue log and Cleaning & Waste Management presentations;
- Assist in the recruitment of future team members, on boarding and induction;
- Seek to gain further experience within the current regional events, and potentially take a lead on observation and engagement opportunities;
- Support the wider Cleaning & Waste Management team in any administrative support required e.g. department branding, team building, formal communications etc;
- Work closely with other CWM senior managers and managers supporting them with their programme and delivery responsibilities.