An exciting opportunity is available for an Advisor III, Business Development based in Riyadh and will report directly to Head of Business Development
About the role:
Drive development of organic / greenfield projects in SBU Downstream by following Stage Gate Process for large CapEx projects and supporting project execution teams on minor projects. Manage cross-functional teams to deliver projects at pre-execution stages: (2) project initiation, (3) concept definition, (4) option selection, and (5) project definition, and post commercialization stage: (10) Post Investment Review - within the constraints of schedule, budget, and scope.
You will also be responsible to:
• Responsible for the initiation, planning, supervision, and management throughout pre-execution phases of Stage Gate Process: (2) project initiation, (3) concept definition, (4) option selection, and (5) project definition, and post commercialization stage: (10) Post Investment Review.
• Prepare investment documents, proposals, memorandums, in coordination with Strategy and other functional teams, and ensure proposals are of high quality and comply with the Tasnee Stage Gate Process requirements and/or other internal frameworks.
• Present investment documents to the Investment Committee.
• Prepare preliminary studies for new concepts for the detail design and permitting of new projects.
• Drive preparation of feasibility studies, including costs and timetable preparation for proposed capital projects.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including government authorities and JV partners to obtain required permits and approvals for successful project execution.
• Prepare reports to present project progress, inform internal parties of costs and schedule compliance.
• Assist in the post implementation review process of capital projects
• Contribute to building internal capabilities in business development / project execution by codifying best practice process and collaborating with BD managers in charge of other projects.
• University degree in chemical engineering or related fields
• MBA or professional certification in Project Management / Finance / Business Development is a plus
• 5+ years of experience in business development, project execution or general management role;
• Experience in the project management and implementation of significant CapEx projects in industrial environment, preferably in downstream / petrochemicals industry
Job Specific Skills:
• Excellent leadership, planning and organizing skills
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
• Business planning and financial analysis
• Knowledge of project management techniques and software
• Mindset and track record for executing continuous improvement in all initiatives
• Knowledge of downstream manufacturing processes, equipment and major vendors
• Strong understanding of petrochemical market and commercial aspects of the downstream business