Job Purpose Summary:
The incumbent will assume prime responsibility for regulatory reporting (domestic and international), consolidation of accounts and financial risk management tools/techniques in line with pertinent regulatory requirements/ best practices. The development and implementation of the Group s Financial Statement Close Process (FSCP) also rests with the incumbent.
• Assist GM, CFO to create long-term financial strategies to maximize shareholder value and the underlying growth of the share price whilst pursuing prudent policies.
• Monitor limits and exposures with a view to improving the Group s profits, whilst at the same time
ensuring compliance with the consolidated/ overall limits approved by the Board.
• Ensure timely and balanced disclosure of all material matters concerning the Group. In doing so, develop mechanisms designed to ensure compliance with all relevant Country laws and regulations e.g. The Central Bank regulations and also international laws and regulations in other locations in which the Group operates.
• Establish and enhance relationships with regulatory authorities to ensure that all regulatory reporting requirements are complied with.
• Liaise with relevant officials from THE CENTRAL BANK and the external auditors of the Group, on matters pertaining to presentation and disclosure of financial statements, emerging financial reporting trends, impacts of proposed accounting standards etc.
Ensure all financial & regulatory reports/returns are prepared at a timely manner and are in line with the relevant regulatory requirements e.g. Shari a
• reporting requirements, other Central Banks requirements, (related requirements overseas segments etc.
• Ensure monitoring of local and international regulatory changes, accounting standards and assess the impact of such changes on the periodic reporting to the regulators of the respective jurisdictions and also assess the impact of such changes on the financial statements.
• Ensure generation and review of reports to monitor/ control market/ liquidity risk in conjunction with Group Risk.
• Ensure monitoring and compliance with the best practices e.g. Basel II and Basel III related reporting issues pertaining to credit risk, operational risk and market risk.
• Ensure disclosures made are in accordance with international accounting standards and applicable regulatory requirements for group consolidation.
• Responsible for the development and successful implementation of the Group s FSCP.
• Spearhead Group efforts relating to projects and initiatives pertaining to developments in FRM tools/techniques.
• Possess a superior knowledge of finance related business processes and controls in all related operational areas.
• A sound knowledge of International Accounting Standards/ IFRS and relevant Basel II and Basel III pronouncements.
• Hold meetings with direct reports and assess their performance. Also take decisive action to ensure speedy resolution of unresolved grievances or conflicts amongst Financial Reporting unit personnel.
• Bachelor/ Masters degree preferably in finance, accountancy or related subjects.
• Professional certification such as CPA, CA, CMA, CFA etc. is a plus .
• Minimum of 10 years experience in a major bank of which at least 7 years in bank in a managerial capacity in the financial reporting function.
Required Special Skills:
• In depth knowledge of financial control processes and related pronouncements, including but not limited to, IFRS, IAS, AAOIFI and relevant Basel II and Basel III guidelines.
• Group s overall strategic plan.
• Budgetary/ scorecard targets.
• Applicable regulations and best practices.
• Delegated and re-delegated authorities as per the delegation of authority structure.
• Instructions of the GM, CFO and GCEO/other executive management.