Aircraft Arresting System Technician
The primary purpose for the position is to perform duties involving the Operation, Maintenance and Repair (OM&R) of Aircraft Arresting Systems (MAAS, BAK-12, Textile Brake System) which provide fighter aircraft safety in the event of aborted take offs or in-flight emergency to safeguard the pilots and prevent costly fighter aircraft repair or replacement. Actively support and uphold the Company's stated vision, mission, and values.
• Operates, Maintains and Repairs system components to include hydraulic systems, diesel engines, rewind systems, pendant cables, UHMV pads, runway edge sheaves and Textile Brake System components.
• Performs periodic maintenance inspections in accordance with appropriate Standard Operating Manuals.
• Maintains historical records, maintenance and daily logs for aircraft arresting systems.
• Inspects mechanical and structural system integrity and monitors operational testing of aircraft arresting gear systems according to contract specifications.
• Compares operational functioning with contract specifications to ensure serviceability and safety.
• Tests questionable components using standard instruments and gauges.
• Monitors operational testing of equipment and assists in determining causes of malfunctioning equipment.
• Prepares reports of findings to facilitate modifications.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned by management
• High School degree or equivalent.
• Recommend having completed an approved DOD school (USAF 3E0x2, USMC 7011, USN A101 ABE) covering the operation and maintenance of aircraft arresting systems or equivalent commercial school
• Three years of experience in OM&R of Aircraft Arresting Systems (BAK-12, Textile Brake System, or similar systems) OR (Diesel Engine/Hydraulic Mechanic)
• One year of experience may be substituted if completed an approved DoD school or equivalent commercial school focused on OM&R of Aircraft Arresting Systems
• Must have a valid US driver's license.
• Capability to obtain an airfield driver's license.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
• Strong initiative
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Able to work in extreme weather conditions for moderate periods of time.
• Able to lift 50 pounds.
• Able to stand for long periods
Who We Are
About Caliburn Internat ional, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents. The co mpany's website is www. caliburnintl.com .
This job d escription is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Caliburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.