Job responsibilities and main activities
Accountable for maintaining the airworthiness and availability of C-295 fleet as per company objectives, the Head of Operations will also:
• Lead a team of Material, Quality, Technical and Fly Operations Managers to carry out all contractual deliverables safely, on time and within allocated costs.
• Plan and execute the maintenance plan and activities, including heavy maintenance, line maintenance and servicing 24/7 in one main operating base.
• Define, develop and implement the maintenance and engineering procedures.
• Support the program manager to prepare budget forecasts and cost follow up.
• Continually reviews the overall maintenance effort to assure maximum safety and operating efficiency at a minimum cost. Responsible to size the teams according to workload. Subcontract workload in case of need.
• Close contact and reporting with the customer, working in their facilities.
• Coordinate with customer flight schedule and aircraft availability.
The post holder will also be responsible:
to actively participate in updating and maintaining required manuals, procedures and policies
to ensure the implementation and functioning of the Safety and Quality System within the whole operations
to monitor the entire maintenance system, to check its conformity and that is being conducted in accordance with REGULATIONS - Part 145 and procedures published by the relevant authority.
to define, implement and maintain the whole system for getting and maintaining the continuous airworthiness of the fleet under its responsibility, which includes:
a) establish inspection and maintenance programmes, in accordance with the National Airworthiness Authorities manufacturer s recommended maintenance and inspection programmes,
b) maintain the aircraft maintenance records,
c) Ensure spares parts and stocks are sufficient and appropriate to support operations,
d) availability of equipment and tools,
e) training, upgrading and supervision of maintenance personnel,
f) setting-up the staffing and performances for maintenance personnel,
g) rectification to an approved standard of any defect or damage affecting safety,
h) implementation of any operational or airworthiness directive and any other airworthiness requirement made mandatory by the Authority, and
i) making modifications in accordance with approved standards.
j) making the necessary strategic and organizational decisions, defines and redefines the quality goals/tools and aids in quality assurance and quality audits,
k) define, redefine and supervise the duties and responsibilities of his subordinates,
l) decide on personnel uses,
m) publish the appropriate maintenance manuals, directives and, where necessary, forms,
n) keep himself up-to-date on the latest developments in maintenance / engineering and related fields by maintaining close contact with the appropriate manufacturer departments
o) monitor any maintenance and engineering contractors selected by ADSAS and ensures that they meet the required standards and regulation requirements, as contracting third parties for the provision of services, ADSAS retains the full responsibility.
Direct reporting to C-295 Program Manager
Subordinate employees: 30
Direct subordinate employees: 6
Requirements and qualifications
The Head of Operations must be an experienced and qualified engineer.
His experience shall be:
5 years experience in a similar position or Technical Director position within an airline or equivalent in military
15 years minimum within an airline/military maintenance/operations and/or engineering department including managerial position.
Type rated on at least one Airbus aircraft type (preferably C-295)
Must be familiar with new Safety Management System rules and regulations
Previous experience in Middle East will be an advantage.
To be type rated as pilot by Airbus in any of their products would be a plus. Specifically in C-295 would be highly appreciated
Fluent in English
In addition to technical competence and expertise, potential candidates will need to show evidence of the following skills:
• the ability to influence people
• interpersonal skills
• problem solving
• organizing and planning
• numerical and statistical ability
• an aptitude for analysis
• team working appreciation of other work disciplines
• autonomy and proactivity
Industry Type :
Airlines / Aviation
Functional Area :
Training / Learning