Al Rabeeh Academy Social Worker
1. Provide a comprehensive academic and social counselling program for students in. Develop services to meet the academic needs and goals of students in years 7 – 13 and provide necessary support for programs from FS- Y6.
2. Consult with teachers, staff, and parents to enhance effectiveness in enabling students to achieve academic and social goals. Promote equity and access to rigorous educational experiences for all students through leadership, advocacy and collaboration and community outreach,
3. Co-developing a response to interventions with the Special Education Coordinator regarding students with specific behavioural challenges that affect academic growth.
4. Work with administration and the Special Education Coordinator to develop and maintain available data on students with referred issues or disciplinary concerns in grades seven through twelve. Promote academic and social growth through mentoring, Behavioural Intervention Plans (BIPS), and any other necessary planning.
5. Provide support to other school educational programs related to academic growth and related behavioural improvement plans (BIPS) in conjunction with the special education coordinator. This includes collaborating with administration, working in classrooms, and organizing external testing outside of the school with other specialized instructors.
6. Guide, counsel, and mentor individuals and groups of students through the development of educational and career plans.
7. Promote, maintain, and organise career, academic, and events in order related to student academic growth. Duties to include scheduling and organising speakers from universities, arranging field trips to universities, organising all standardized external testing at the school including supporting teachers or other scheduled external exams, developing after school academically related programs, and working with students to complete University or other applications related to transitional academic/social growth.
8. Counsel individuals and small groups of students with challenges that may hinder academic goals and suggest options for academic, social, and individual growth. Schedule meetings with parents for permission.
9. Consult with teachers, staff and parents regarding the academically related developmental needs of students including gifted students. Set up and be an active member of the Student Support Team (SST).
10. Assist the Principal and related coordinators with the orientation of new students, orientation and training of new staff, and the transition of students between Key Stages.
11. Collaborate with the school nurse regarding students with medical issues that may hinder academic goals.
12. Participate in, coordinate and conduct activities that contribute to the effective operation of the counselling program, academic achievement (including gifted programs and the SST), and school standing in the community.
13. Pursue continuous professional growth including ongoing academic development as required
14. In conjunction with the special education coordinator, develop community outreach programs and coordinate the PTA in order to facilitate parent, community, and school relationships.
15. Prepare comprehensive progress reports semi-annually including what has been accomplished during the term in terms of student progress and meeting goals.
16. Perform any other tasks assigned by the Principals.
Industry Type :
Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Functional Area :