Due to current security issues ONLY AMERICAN Citizens will be considered so please specify when applying.
This position offers base salary plus monthly allowance and other generous expat benefits.
This is a Expat assignment in Saudi Arabia with a major American (ENR Top 10) E&C firm. They are offering full benefits, family or single Western accommodations, relocation and other allowances typical of working for a major America firm overseas.
Candidates MUST have experience with US Codes be able to train their employees on US standards. Strong preference given to those with American or other Western Engineering education and experience.
This is a technical specialist performing complex technical analysis. May plan, direct or supervise the technical work in a special area. Provides technical input to proposals and studies in a specialized area. May serve on committees or panels for technical planning.
Reports directly to the Electrical Section Supervisor. Provides technical assistance in a specialized area to subordinates or peers. Interfaces with other RC/MSC departments as required.
Major Activities Performed:
• Functions as a technical expert in performing analysis in specialized area.
• Reviews problem areas, recommends solutions, alternatives and improvements.
• Conducts reviews on technical provisions of work and prepares special technical reports.
• Interfaces with other stakeholders
• Monitors technical activities for the department making recommendations when needed to the Project.
• Prepares Requests for Proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts.
• Reviews A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, and calculations submittals and coordinates with the work of other disciplines.
• Reviews vendor and shop drawings, and construction materials and/or equipment submittals.
• Prepares interface layouts and conflicts solutions.
• Prepares technical correspondence, reports, and studies.
• Prepare SOW for design RFPs & Task Order
• A Degree in Electrical Engineering from western recognized university or college plus 10 years post-graduate professional experience.
• US registration as a Professional Engineer certificate (PE) is required.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Must have sound overall experience in designing systems for commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities.
• Must be capable to check designs done by A/Es for medium voltage (13.8kV) and low voltage power, indoor lighting, outdoor and road lighting, grounding, communication, and fire alarm systems.
• Perform engineering analysis of design package submitted by A/Es, including Calculations, power system studies, Drawings, MTO, Vendor Material Specifications, and other deliverables like Construction/Shop drawings.
• Capable of making load estimate and calculations for demand load, cable, breaker sizing and illumination level.
• Used software to perform power system studies on low voltage and medium voltage systems.
• Underground and exposed conduit and cable tray runs.
• Fire protection and communication systems one line diagrams and physical layout of equipment and devices.
• Medium voltage (13.8kV) power distribution one-line diagram and equipment layout of major equipment.
• Medium voltage power distribution layout with cables in duct banks and direct buried and corresponding ampacity calculations.
• Capable of Inter-Organizational Coordination group develop Master plans for MV distribution networks, as input to New Urbanization development projects undertaken by Municipal and City development.
• Must be knowledgeable with the National Electrical Code, IEEE, ANSI and IEC Standards.
• Through working knowledge of Building Service System LV Distribution, Lighting, Power, FPA Alarms, Communication, Building Management System etc.