ANDROID DEVELOPER Kuwait (1 year Fixed Contract with possible extension).
Excellent opportunity for Contractors seeking exposure with an Islamic Bank in Kuwait. 1 Years initial Contract with possibility for extensions.
Role : Working within a New Digital Innovation Center, Android Software Developers will have a range of responsibilities from shaping and implementing Digital Products to ensuring that the Bank remains on the Leading Edge of Technology. Developers will contribute across the Full Technology Stack, from Database and DevOps Infrastructure that supports continuous Deployment, over Native Apps, to Front End Development. As an Android Developer you will work in a cross-functional team with the Product Owner, Designers and Lead Developer to co-develop the Digital Products.
Use Agile engineering practices and various software and web/mobile development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that enhance the client customer and employee experience
Collaborate with other team members to craft clear user stories, design tests for prototypes and products, and continuously deliver product enhancements
Communicate with IT teams about any digital innovations that are tying into bedrock IT systems
Communicate with business stakeholders about agile processes to set and manage expectations about delivery methods and timelines
• At least 2-4 years of Software Development experience with experience working in Agile Teams
• Excellent Mobile Development skills using Android, Android Studio and Gradle
• Experience with Git, such as Branching, Merging, Tagging and Pull Requests
• Experience with Mobile CI-CD (Jenkins or similar) and App Store deployments
• Mobile Banking experience is preferred
• Complex UI experience beyond Story-Boarding by developing UI using code
• Experience with REST APIs, JSON and AJAX
• Experience with Code Refactoring, Design Patterns, Design-Driven Development, Continuous Deployment, Highly Scalable Applications, and Application Security
• Experience with at least 1 Unit Testing Framework for Android
• Solid knowledge in Push Notifications
• Real passion for Development and a demonstrated appetite for continual learning
• Knowledge of Pair Programming, Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development
• Familiarity with the concepts of Functional Programming and Microservices is a plus
• Community contributions (e.g., open source work, publishing / speaking on technical ideas) is a plus
• Fluent in English and willing relocate to Kuwait on fixed Contract basis.
Attractive all-inclusive rates negotiable based on experience, portfolio and skills.
If suitable and interested in this excellent opportunity, please forward updated CV s in word.doc format to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. Alternatively, should you know anyone suitable and interested, please kindly refer across. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5-7 working days.
Industry Type :
IT - Software Services
Functional Area :
Software Development / Application Development (IT Software)