Responsible for daily Accounts Payable accounting activities - identification and analysis of business transactions, journalizing, payment processing, reconciliation, preparation of schedules or reports for internal and external users, and SOX compliance.
• Learn and perform business unit cross functional accounting duties as assigned
• Apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Comply with various NOV Accounting or Finance related policies
• Process vendor invoices (3PY and Agent Invoices) and ensure supporting documents are complete (approved PO, proof of delivery/work completion/packing list/receiver, and/or other required documents) and appropriately approved according to DOA limits.
• Prepare and process payments (either Check or Wire transfer) of approved suppliers (3PY, Agent and IC) per credit terms, and petty cash/expense reports as per policy.
• Keep track of vendor transactions and monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
• Resolve invoice discrepancies and reconciliation of payments.
• Correspond with vendors and respond to their inquiries.
• Prepare monthly BS reconciliation - ensure that any outstanding items are cleared and accurate
• Assist in month/quarter/year-end close
• Comply with SOX requirements
• Support other department and be a good business partner
• Adhere to NOV shared values
• Comply with all NOV procedures, policies, and internal controls
• Follow all the Company HSEMS, QMS, policies and procedures
Perform other duties that maybe assigned by the GL Accounting Supervisor or his/her designee.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA (or other Accounting Certification) is a plus, but not really required
• Strong knowledge and understanding of bookkeeping and accounting theory or basic accounting principles, concepts, and guidelines
Minimum 1-year Accounting or Finance experience. Prior AP experience is a plus.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Highly detail oriented and organized in work
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction or supervision from immediate supervisor or manager to accomplish objectives
• Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies
• Ability to adapt easily to change, or flexible
• Knowledge of computer programs and systems or finance-related software systems or ERP
• May have prior experience performing SOX-compliance related activities
• Able to manage own workload efficiently
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - reading, writing and speaking skills:
• Can read, write and speak English
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Problem Solving
• Timely Decision Making
• Priority Setting
• Time Management
• Action Oriented
• Drive for Results
• Presentation Skills
• Written Communication
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Customer Focus
• Peer Relationships or Teamwork
• Ethics and Values
• Integrity and Trust
• Dealing with Paradox
• Personal learning
• Work/Life Balance
Industry Type :
Call Center / BPO / KPO / Outsourcing
Functional Area :
Accounts / Taxation / Audit / Company Secretary