Emerson Automation Solutions electrical products work flawlessly under the harshest conditions and our industry-leading Appleton products are the most trusted, rugged electrical solutions for industrial and hazardous environments across the world. The Appleton brand has long been the hallmark for the protection of people and equipment whilst delivering reliable power. There is an exciting opening in this team based in Dubai for an Application Engineer to join the Electrical Lighting and Apparatus team in Middle East & Africa (MEA), with a specialisation towards junction boxes and panel boards .
The Application engineer will be primarily responsible to review channel partners/ customers' inquiries and to submit a suitable solution for any RFQ's. They will ensure that quotations are in-line with customer's requirements are technically accurate, commercially approved and submitted in timely manner, whilst collaborating closely with Engineering, Sales, Product Managers and Manufacturing facilities.
The Application Engineer must be a dynamic individual with an outgoing and results driven personality so that they can establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
Your sphere of influence may also include, but may not be limited to:
• To provide technical support to customers, channel partners and colleagues;
• To attend relevant technical and commercial trainings as required to maintain a high level of product and process knowledge; while learning new products and applications
• To track and maintain accurate record of opportunities, quotes and proposals.
• To identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
• To prepare quote status, deviation list and quote close out reports
• To support Approved Vendor Specifications at End User
• To evaluate the cost impact for design changes after order stage
• To attend customers meetings whenever required
• To ensure that all transactions are screened and filed in accordance with the Company's Trade Compliance procedures and to escalate all questions to the local Gate keeper.
To succeed, you'll need to have acquired:
• A B.A. in Electrical Engineering
• 5 to 8 years of experience in lighting designs and solutions for industrial hazardous applications preferably with a strong knowledge of junction boxes and panel boards
• A knowledgeable in NEC (American) / IEC (European) / ATEX standards
• The ability to be customer focused with excellent communication and organizational skills
• A cultural sensitivity/knowledge of regional business preferences and practices
• The ability to multi-task in a high-pressured environment
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values-integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation-inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.