, Posted on March 8, 2018
We are seeking Applications Support Manager with experience in managing and responsible managing 1st line IoT 24X7 support services and providing technical management to a team of engineers in support of services provided to the customer and ensuring that the team effectively performs and completely fulfills the operational duties required to support, maintain and improve the many services supported in the team’s portfolio. The candidate must be skilled in one or more technologies, capable of managing hosted infrastructure projects, and possess conceptual knowledge of managed hosting technologies overall.
• Manage the day to day operational activities for a team of IoT Engineers
o Monitor the SLA for Incidents and follow up with staff on status and remove obstacles that may be preventing prompt resolution of incidents
o Facilitate and Coordinate conversations and efforts involving diverse teams: system administration, database administration, networking
o Responsible for all hardware and software batches
• Acquire understanding and create documentation for complex technical environments
• Maintain and improve customer satisfaction ratings
• Ensure best practices for support and problem management are adopted and practiced
• Identify opportunities for process improvement to address operational inefficiencies through the use of metrics and reporting
• Lead operational staff to meet defined SLAs
• Act as the primary Incident Manager for major IoT services incidents
o Facilitate and coordinate the activities of the incident response
o Insure that the appropriate technical resources are engaged towards the resolution of the incident
o Insure that established escalation are being followed in a timely manner
o Coordinate with the 2nd level and 3rd level in order to provide timely incident SLA management
• Ensure systems management responsibilities such as monitoring, backup, patching, security, change control are being performed and align with industry best practice
• Provide escalation plans for all services with a 24x7 profile
• Responsible for the Service Transition Plan from UAT acceptance to post deployment phase. Ensure that the deployed release and the resulting service meets customer expectations and that IT operations are in place and capable of supporting the new service.
• Ensure that all equipment (hardware/software) has a valid support contract or is under warranty.
• Develop strategic relationships with the Business Owners responsible for supported services to ensure that operational tasks to sustain the service are given the appropriate priority by team members
• Track the performance of operations by collecting and monitoring metrics and ensuring that performance aligns with defined business targets or SLAs. Observe trends that could inform opportunities for process improvement
• Motivate and develop team collaboration opportunities and cultivate cross training of staff for the support incoming applications
• Partner with other support organizations to ensure end-to-end app application functionality
• Work with subject matter experts to foster train-the-trainer methods for sharing knowledge to others in the team
• Provide continuing training opportunities to develop and grow subject matter experts
• Individual will be a strong verbal and written communicator, be able to bridge the gap between technology and business process, and be able to build strong relationships between multiple functional groups. Above all, this individual need to have strong customer service skills and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Industry Type :
IT - Software Services
Functional Area :
Desired Candidate Profile
• Experience managing and implementing enterprise class applications and systems
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, plus 9+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
• Ability to work comfortably in a systems development environment with concurrent tasks and changing priorities/resources is required.
• Experience supporting applications in telco environment or Previous leadership experience in some capacity in the IT industry
• is a plus.
• Previous hands on expert level experience with one or more of the following web technologies and strong conceptual understanding of the remaining technologies:
o Websphere, WebLogic, Jboss, Tomcat, PHP, IHS, IIS, Apache, .Net, etc
o Networking, switching, load balancers, security, firewalls
o Database Administration (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc)
o OS Administration (Linux/Windows, etc)
o Virtualization (VMware, Hypervisor etc)
• Ability to effectively command control during crisis situations
• Strong trouble shooting and investigative skills
• Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
• Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to provide customer interaction
• Experience with managing resources of various technical backgrounds
• Ability to communicate effectively and excel in tasks that involve conflict management, diplomacy, and decision-making.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills, consensus building skills, and ability to establish effective working relationships in a diverse and distributed organization; flexible in adapting to clients’ changing needs. Ability to resolve issues of cross- organizational escalation or lines of responsibility; ability to anticipate impact on clients and other stakeholders. Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, key customers, and team members.
• Experience hiring, supervising, coaching and performance management required.
Disclaimer: Naukrigulf.com is only a platform to bring jobseekers & employers together. Applicants are advised to research the bonafides of the prospective employer independently. We do NOT endorse any requests for money payments and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information.We also recommend you visit Security Advice for more information. If you suspect any fraud or malpractice, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
People also searched for
Vision Valley started 2002 in Dubai Internet City as a specialized systems integrator. Vision Valley now has over 400 engineering professionals and operates in seven different markets in the Middle East, Africa and Europe. Since its infancy, the company had a strong focus on innovation and cutting e
dge technologies in selected lines of business. Vision Valley is the first company in EMEA to appreciate and adopt OFDM wireless technology to serve broadband wireless as last mile where no fiber or copper reaches. For the past 15 years, Vision Valley has been deploying high quality broadband wireless for Etisalat, Du, Zain, Vodafone and many other customers in the region.
In the collaboration solutions domain Vision Valley has one of best expertise in the EMEA region and has been ranked number one video conferencing system integrator for the Europe, Middle East and Africa region leaving 700 companies behind in the year 2009 when Cisco Systems acquired Tandberg. Today, Vision Valley is deploying and supporting the most critical telepresence, video conferencing and collaboration for high profile clients such as Dubai Airports, Emirates Nuclear (ENEC), Abu Dhabi judiciary, AXA insurance, the Telecom Regulator in UAE, Pepsi in addition other key clients in Europe such as the largest bank in France; Societe General.
Also, Vision Valley is highly specialized in large scale Wi-Fi deployments, done the second largest Wi-Fi deployment in the world in 2013 connecting all the schools of Abu Dhabi to the Internet using over 20,000 access point with very high resolution of coverage and capacity. Four years ago Vision Valley signed as one of the few global SAP ERP OEM’s which is being further developed at Vision Valley’s software house offering to customers in the region one of the most customized and enriched ERP packages in the industry; fully extended to its mobile apps and other devices. This formed one of the pillars for Vision Valley to pursue in depth the track of business intelligence and analytics as a strategic business for now and the future of the billions of connected things.
The company also has strong software development arm who can develop customized solutions using Java, dot net, share point in addition to all types of mobile applications.
Vision Valley realized the potential of IoT since its early days. Accordingly, during the past few years Vision Valley has been focusing on building its internal capabilities and its ecosystem to gear up for the evolution of IoT, on this track it had been one of the early contributing members of LoRa Alliance and established strong partnerships with the elites of IoT vendors. Additionally, Vision Valley became the first and only SI partner to the IoT platform developed by (PlatOne) which then has been acquired recently by SAP. Vision Valley is also the implementation arm of Du’s 5G & IoT innovation lab running SAP PlatOne IoT platform.
View Contact Details
Additional Information Required
Employer has requested some additional information along with your application for this job