Implements stakeholder engagement plan with business proponents cross departmentally. Applies business analysis skills to investigate operational requirements, problems, opportunities and stakeholder objectives and identify potential benefits and available options for consideration seeking effective business solutions. Uses Requirements definition and management to facilitates scoping for change initiatives of medium size and complexity and take full responsible to deliver medium scale projects based on business priorities to achieve business efficiencies and improvements working with IT service delivery teams
Major Responsibilities Stakeholder Relationship Management:
• Implements stakeholder engagement/ communications plans, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and disseminate ion of relevant information.
• Uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management
• Takes full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically with direct business impact and firm deadlines)
• Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project
• Ensures that realistic project plans are maintained and ensures regular and accurate communication to stakeholders, consistent with the methods in use (agile, waterfall, etc).
• Ensures Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure
• Manages the change control procedure, and ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off.
• Provide effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
• Coordinate projects delivery working with IT delivery teams and business owners
• Insure adherence to Project Management Methodology across portfolio
• Review projects progress with project teams
• Effectively communicate relevant project information to project sponsors and board
• Insure projects delivery as per plans (Scope, quality, time and cost)
Business Analysis and Change management:
• Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes
• Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration
• Works iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
• Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity
• Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source
• Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate
• Obtains formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements and establishes a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence
• Manages requests for and the application of changes to base-lined requirements.
• Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position.
• High level of understanding of Systems/ Business Analysis and Requirements Management
• High level of understanding of Project Management and ERP functional expertise
• Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for personal development
• Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications.
• Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives.
• Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets.
• Rapidly absorbs new information and applies it effectively.
• Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for driving own development.
Organization Information Technology Division Information Technology
Industry Type :
Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Functional Area :
Desired Candidate Profile
Extensive experience with systems/ business analysis, projects management, and process improvement methodologies Non-Technical Skills or Attributes
• Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability
• Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy
• Plans own work to meet given objectives and processes
• Influences customers, suppliers and partners at account level.
• Makes decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives.
• Work includes a broad range of complex technical or professional activities, in a variety of contexts.
• Investigates, defines and resolves complex issues.