JOB SUMMARY: Provide clients with professional bids which are technically compliant and commercially competitive and to work as part of a team to ensure on time bid submission.
This is a key role for the current and future business growth in a market leading Process Solutions Company. The role is with the commercial team working as an Applications Engineer, the role requires the creative application of process engineering to an increasingly diverse portfolio of products.
The role requires expertise in agitation, whether this is static or dynamic and in pumping. The candidate will need expertise on understanding fluid dynamics and its applications in various markets such as oil and gas, pharmaceutical, water and waste water, mining, paper and pulp and chemicals. In addition, an exceptional appreciation of the commercial implications of engineering decision making, a keen focus on delivery and the ability to turn client driven requirements into profitable solutions will be critical to success.
This position requires the ability to support other members so the team, both technically and commercially. It also requires involvement in cross departmental teams at new order handover meetings and other projects. It requires a proactive approach to maintaining and developing the companies working tools and practices. Most importantly it requires that the holder be customer facing acting as a technical authority for the company's product portfolio
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide technical solutions in order to bid and be able to detail design mixers and pumps, this would involve calculating and sizing process equipment (such as Static Mixers, Agitators, High Shear Mixers and pumps).
2. Be able to provide information to allow simulation studies such as computational fluid dynamics and understand the implications of the results.
3. Prepare process datasheet for Equipment & Instrumentation.
4. Request quotations from equipment suppliers.
5. Evaluate sub-vendor proposals and reply to bid clarifications.
6. Carry out lab work on customer samples and determine how best to scale up the solution.
7. Have a good understanding of ATEX legislation for hazardous areas and the PED for pressure vessels.
8. Create and develop proposal and enquiry documents, detail design and specify for purposes of quotation, purchase and manufacture.
9. Within the proposals process, capture and develop opportunities with other team members for widening the scope of supply and the integration of multiple products and service offerings.
10. Carry out single and inter-discipline checks and reviews.
11. Present technical solutions to clients and other industry professionals.
12. Attend and participate in client meetings, maintaining a high degree of professionalism and ensuring that customer care is foremost.
13. Attend and participate in HAZOPs, bid clarification meetings, technical discussions regarding NOV technologies, project kick off meetings, visit client assets and provide process input to ensure customer care is foremost.
14. Responsible for the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes.
15. Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area and department.
16. Ensure personal compliance with all HSE legislation and HSE Company policy.
17. Be fully familiar and conversant with department and company policies, procedures and processes, ensuring all work and actions undertaken are in full compliance at all times.
18. Foreign language is preferred but not essential.
19. Support other departments and carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate or as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
20. Travel as and when required by Client needs.
Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information in order to secure orders in line with the business strategy
Able to keep abreast of an evolving portfolio of products and services
Be quick to identify critical information and respond appropriately
Adept at exercising good judgement (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines
Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
Quickly identify the critical tasks and maintain focus
Able to inform and coach technical and non-technical team members
Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in order to settle them equitably
Energy and Drive
Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
Capable of maintaining long term objectives
Organisational Positioning Skills
Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing
Personal & Interpersonal Skills
A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
Firm and diplomatic when negotiating
Essential Tertiary education in Chemical/Process Engineering/Mechanical Engineering
Desirable Chartered Engineer or willing to approach Status
Essential Experience in a similar position
Desirable Process Plant and pump experience
Skills, training or special knowledge
Working knowledge of process sizing and calculation
Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
Understanding of engineering documents and drawing
Effective communication in English
Microsoft Office suite
Be aware of ATEX, PED and IEC Regulations
Have an understanding of common place industry materials and their application