To teach Applied Technology - Mechanical/Electrical to UAE national students in a practical learner centered environment. The aim of the curriculum is to help students develop the basic math skills necessary to function effectively in an international work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exercise leadership by taking personal responsibility for monitoring and assessing the progress of all learners
- Maximize efficiency, maintain discipline and morale, promote teamwork, plan, communicate, focus on results, evaluate progress, and make constant adjustments to their professional practice
- Use a range of strategies to promote positive relationships, cooperation, and purposeful learning in the classroom
- Engage learners in individual and cooperative learning activities that help them develop their knowledge, skills, understanding and attitudes for learning
- Organize, allocate, and manage the most appropriate educational resources to facilitate active and equitable engagement of learners in productive tasks
- Use a range of teaching and learning strategies to engage learners in active learning opportunities that promote the development of critical thinking, problem solving, and performance capabilities and that help learners assume responsibility for identifying and using learning resources
- Use formal tests, responses to quizzes, evaluation of class assignments, learner performances, projects, and standardized achievement tests to understand what learners know
- Use formative assessment strategies that involve learners in self-assessment activities to help them become aware of their strengths and needs, and to encourage them to set personal goals for learning
- Maintain up to date records of learners work and performance and communicate learners progress knowledgeably and responsibly, based on appropriate indicators, to learners, parents, and other colleagues
- Keep the needs of learners at the center of all professional planning and decision-making
- Actively participate in staff development programmes and performance review
- Pursue further training and professional development as a teacher
- Prepare learners for qualifications and external examinations
- Participate in and support extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events
- Participate in departmental meetings and reviews as required
- Communicate and consult with parents on learner progress
- Actively participate in and support whole-school training events
- Provide guidance and advice to learners on educational and social matters
- Maintain a clear distinction between personal values and professional ethics
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary system of the institute
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, families, and the community to support the learning environment
- Uphold the Institute s code of conduct and all school policies
- Undertake such other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the institute.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor degree in Mechanical OR Electrical Engineering from a recognized university.
Masters degree is preferred
Teaching Certificate /Diploma from a recognized university or
IELTS Academic 7 or higher for Non-Native language speakers is required.
2-3 years of experience in his/her field based on proven experience in a
reputable institute/school and the candidate s GPA
Industrial experience in the subject area is preferred.
Excellent written and communication skills are required in English with an Academic IELTS score of academic 7
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Student centered, and an aptitude to work with Arab youth.
Committed to innovation in Teaching and Learning initiatives, with a positive can do attitude and willingness to promote life-long learning across IAT.
Commitment to student-centered, project based learning.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people.
Sound understanding of technologies that support educational development and current with technology developments.
Bachelor in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering; Masters preferred