Helps the Operations manager in devising plans concentrated for the kitchen related activities that will be useful to the business’ success. Ensure that the company uses those plans and puts them into action. Manages multiple kitchen locations according to the company standards.
• Approves the employees work schedules and responsible in assigning tasks for any special
• Responsible for helping the manager or kitchen In charge to train the new hires, and
assisting them to get accustomed to their new job.
• Helps in the decision-making when it comes to the activities done kitchen, such as
production and the allocation of sources.
• Coordinates with the different departments in the organization to ensure that all tasks
executed are of best quality.
• Responsible for ensuring accurate completion of paperwork related to employees’
attendance, performance etc.
• Provides necessary assistance to the Operations manager in executing the company
Duties & Responsibilities
• Completes forecasts, plans, and departmental production reports for management
• Participates in the preparation of the company’s annual budget and the setting of
• Maintains updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold
in the food and beverage operations.
• Manages day to day kitchen activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and
development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
• Educates and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviors,
and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
• Promotes teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Assist sales, catering and tour groups, parties and other special events.
• Recommends and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related
actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
• Reviews guest feedback to improve food and presentation quality.
• Assists with addressing customer questions and issues relating to kitchen services.
• Assists in menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration
• Ensures that all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes
• Develops menu design and concepts for all outlets, and catering events in coordination with the Operation Manager.
• Monitors competitor and industry trends.
• Maintains procedure to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage.
products, inventory and equipment. Replenish supplies in a timely manner and minimize waste and pilferage.
• Ensures that all kitchen equipment and storerooms are in proper operational condition and
are cleaned on a regular basis.
• Adheres to governmental regulations as well as brand standards and company policies an
• Overall responsibility for daily operations in the kitchen.
• Liaises and reports to Purchase Department issues encountered with suppliers.
• Maintains or raises the profit margins on food.
• Spearheads in every research and development for new dishes in coordination with Operation Manager.
• Reviews food and beverage purchases, develop and standardize recipes, maintain safety
and sanitation in the kitchen, maintain equipment, design food presentation aesthetics, plan and prepare special menu items, choose menu designs and determine menu prices.
• Prepares and monitors budget by gathering and organizing financial information; scheduling
expenditures; analyzing variances; implementing corrective actions.
• Maintains facilities by planning space allocations, layouts, and floor moves; arranging for
and supervising building maintenance.
• Maintains equipment by planning equipment procurement and maintenance; evaluating
products, service, and warranties.
• Maintains building services by identifying, selecting, and monitoring vendors.
• Accomplishes project results by communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting
fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction; updating media plans.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operational data and trends
• Conducts thorough investigation with every complaints raised both dine in and delivery sources. Ensures that whatever mistakes are rectified at the earliest and never repeated.
• Conducts thorough investigations for the issues encountered related to par stocks, inventory and food cost.
• Monitors the Updated Recipe lodge in the Kitchen IPad and ensure all kitchen members including Kitchen In Charge fully utilize the device.
• Enhances department reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and
different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.