A leader having full responsibility, including cost ownership, for the execution of physical products (barge, rail, truck, intercontinental rail, warehousing, distribution) jointly with sales and product management.
We offer a position in a challenging and ever-changing environment in which you will sharpen your industry knowledge as well as your communication skills and techniques relevant to operations.
- This role is part of the area management team reporting to the Area Managing Director, responsible for setting and executing the strategy for the Saudi Area which spans Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Iraq and Yemen.
- Building on corporate and country strategic priorities, monitor and manage country intermodal P&L target.
- Manage performance and ensure targets are met.
- Ensuring execution of customer needs on physical products.
- Building on country strategic priorities, defines country intermodal execution plan, business planning, provides inputs for procurement and input where required for budget planning to product organization for intermodal e.g. WND investment needs, together with Product management.
- Executes on physical product delivery, incl. issue resolution towards the customer
- Ensures tools, applications and recommended processes are used within the team.
- Develops network for unique intermodal set up s via WND and/or depots (via APMT) or rail heads or supplier collaboration JV etc. in the country.
- Builds strong team with mixed competencies (functional and commercial) to drive owner s mindset in Delivery.
We are looking for
- Knowledge of Local logistics infrastructure and competition.
- Knowledge and relationships with key Local stakeholders i.e. local supplier markets for insourced physical products and WND areas.
- Visionary on the lookout for unique opportunities to improve service delivery to our clients.
- Solution oriented.
- Strong team player with commercial flair.