The primary job function of the area manager is to manage and assume overall responsibility for the success of their stores by directing all operational aspects of each store and driving sales whilst minimizing costs. ... An area may consist of between eight and twenty stores.
· Responsible for ensuring that stores are meeting KPIs and standard operating procedures to maintain brand and company standards.
· Support stores in maximizing revenue and driving sales, to meet the monthly sales objectives.
· Facilitate the ROM, as well as assist the SMs in controlling shrinkage to the acceptable limit to meet the company standards.
· Facilitate the ROM in managing and developing the store staff to ensure a fully motivated and engaged workforce.
· Facilitate the ROM in conducting HR-related deliverables like appraisals, investigating disciplinary issues etc. to satisfy the HR/legal requirements.
· Facilitate the ROM in training store-based staff in product knowledge, store operational procedures, customer service, selling skills etc. to maintain store standards and drive sales.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining an open, efficient and effective channel of communication with the store staff, ROM and other departments to ensure that accurate information is passed on in a timely manner.
· Responsible for ensuring that the store staff is kept fully informed and up-to-date on all information relevant to them, to ensure for them to meet company standards.
· Facilitate the ROM in maintaining up-to-date information about fashion trends, customer profile, competition within the regional market etc. to ensure that the buying is in line with the demands of the market, customer service is enhanced, and staff profiles are suited to the brand/client profile.
· Responsible for maintaining up-to-date brand knowledge and a full understanding of the brand history to ensure that the brand image is always upheld.