The College of Communication and Media Sciences offers a comprehensive program of study, providing students opportunities to develop their communication skills and prepare themselves to play important professional leadership roles.
Our faculty represent approx. 17 different nationalities and are committed to our mission, which is to graduate students who:
• Understand the role of mass communication in Islamic and global cultures.
• Master written, oral and visual skills in English and Arabic.
• Use digital media technologies thoughtfully and appropriately.
• Value truth, accuracy, fairness and diversity.
• Think critically, be innovative and engage in dialogue.
• Contribute to the body of knowledge in mass communication from this region.
• Assist in the future development of the UAE and the global community.
• Studies lead to a B.S. degree in Communication and Media Sciences with concentrations in one of three areas: Integrated Strategic Communications, Media Production and Storytelling and Tourism and Cultural Communications. Undergraduate courses are single-gender education with male and female students attending separate classes in separate facilities. Graduate programs leading to an M.A. degree also exist in Tourism and Cultural Communication and in Strategic Public Relations.
The College of Communication and Media Sciences is seeking candidates to begin Spring/Fall 2019. A search for these positions will open immediately and remain open until filled.
The College seeks candidates at the Assistant, Associate and Full Professor levels who will be able to teach Arabic media courses. New faculty members will teach and conduct research or creative activities within the scope of Journalism/Mass Communication/Media (with an emphasis on Arabic media).
The position also requires the successful applicant to handle student advising, course development, serve on College-wide committees, conduct scholarly activities, including research and/or creative endeavors and teach both undergraduates and graduates.
• All candidates for this position are expected to have a record of previous teaching experience that meets international standards, as well as professional experience and/or scholarly/creative activities in the area of emphasis. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the ability to teach, conduct research and/or engage in creative activity and participate in interdisciplinary College efforts in addition to their specific areas of specialization.
• Applicants for the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor must have a terminal degree (PhD preferred) with a specialization in mass communication, media, broadcasting or journalism from a QS ranked university with expertise in Arabic media. Professional media experience is desirable, as well as a proven track record of excellence in teaching. In addition, an established track-record of publications in Scopus listed or ranked journals is desired.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Candidates are expected to be effective teachers/scholars and be involved in outreach efforts to the community.
• Previous teaching experience in an ESL environment is helpful. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.