In order to meet the growing enrollment at the college, CACE seeks two qualified candidates to fill full-time, multi-year, faculty positions in the area of Foundations and to teach in the baccalaureate program and a Foundations Coordinator, starting in August 2019.
Applicants must have earned a Doctorate or Master of Fine Arts degree (or equivalent terminal degree) in Animation Design, Graphic Design, Visual Arts or a related field. Experience with graduate programs and academic administrative experience would be an asset.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will make a valuable contribution to the development of the programs in the College through instruction of introductory-level courses covering a wide range of learning outcomes. The successful candidate should demonstrate versatility, forward thinking, and experience in foundational-level instruction at the undergraduate level. The candidate s approach and experience in engaging students through a variety of learning outcomes should be evident within their teaching portfolio, statement of teaching philosophy, syllabi and samples of student work. Courses in Foundations are interdisciplinary in nature that incorporate practices of both art and design. Course priority include: Principles of Design, Art Foundations, Basic Design, and Research Methods for Artists and Designers.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
• A proven record of excellence in baccalaureate-level teaching. Suggested areas include: drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, printmaking, illustration, animation, or graphic design
• Dedication to curricular innovation.
• Commitment to a sustained pace of scholarship and/or creative activities.
• A record of professional accomplishment appropriate to their rank.
• Substantial level of computer literacy and a good proficiency of usage of IT in education.
• Willingness to provide service to the University and to the College.
• For the coordinator position, experience in Foundations program coordination would be an asset