Entry level management position that is responsible for the daily operations in Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. Position assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods and supervises Restaurants/Bars and Room Service Departments, where applicable. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable to ensure standards and legal obligations are followed.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Management of Restaurant Team
•Handles employee questions and concerns.
•Monitors employees to ensure performance expectations are met.
•Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
•Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
•Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of the Director of Restaurants or Restaurant Manager.
•Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations
•Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
•Communicates to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues regarding food quality and service levels.
•Ensures compliance with all restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
•Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
•Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
•Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related departments as necessary.
•Opens and closes restaurant shifts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
•Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
•Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
•Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
•Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
•Strives to improve service performance.
•Sets a positive example for guest relations.
•Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
•Meets and greets guests.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
•Supervises on-going training initiatives.
•Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
•Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
•Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
• Restaurant/Event Room Operations - Knowledge of procedures for managing restaurant room set-up, management of host/hostess station, maintenance of fine silver, setting tables, break down of room, management of coat check, management of staff/associates, creation of checklists, audits, LSOPs, and maintenance of a high quality dining environment (music, lighting, temperature), as well as opening and closing.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
• Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
• Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
• Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.