The Assistant Boutique Manager is responsible for all aspects relating to boutique operations and administrations including but not limited to reporting, retail operations, stock control, Health and Safety, security and performance analysis.
This role will also cover the Boutique Manager during any absences therefore a solid understanding of both front and back office boutique operations is essential.
He/She is in partnership with the Boutique Manager the warrant of the achievement of the business targets in the boutique by managing the boutique team, by ensuring excellence in boutique operations and client service.
• Co-monitor sales targets and KPI s (defined by the Boutique Manager and the Brand) and co-implement annual action plans.
• Provide monthly reporting to your Boutique Manager (sales, traffic, KPIs, follow up, missed sales, stock issues, CS, discount ) and propose corrective actions.
• Run analytical report for the boutique when needed
• Update boutique notice boards
• Behave as an Ambassador of the Brand inside and outside the Boutique.
• Provide a wow treatment and the highest level of service and care to all customers.
• Handle with the highest professionalism all customer service and client issues and involve your Boutique Manager if needed.
• Implement an effective data capture & follow up system for clients, prospects, CS and reservations and make regular checks with the team. To be used during daily briefings.
Team co-management with Boutique Manager:
• Co-manage of Boutique staff and daily control of security guards.
• Co-animate daily brief according to guidelines and animate during Boutique Manager absences.
• Participate to one to one meetings with your sales staff.
• Co-evaluate your sales staff through the annual PMP process, fix their objectives and KPI s according to guidelines and make regular assessment during the year..
• Delegate operational activities and establish clear responsibilities within your team.
• Co-animate your team with commercial actions (challenges, incentives, events) and information about the Brand s activity
• Transmit and control the relevant documents (invoices, third party commissions ) to your Boutique Manager for the calculation of individual monthly commissions and incentives.
• Assist Boutique Manager in providing training to the team and help in staff coaching when needed to make sure they have appropriate trainings to reach their targets in terms of sales, KPI s
• Make sure on a daily basis that the grooming guidelines are fully respected.
• Organize and monitor rotas/planning, vacations ensuring time optimization with business necessities.
• Co-develop a Business oriented approach and positive mindset in your boutique, through role plays, team building.
• Implement guidelines defined by your Boutique Manager and the Brand to ensure full compliance with sales, financial and security procedures.
• Ensure Boutique check list is fully implemented and that Brand s guidelines are respected with no exception (merchandising, catering )
• Analyze Qualitative Evaluation (Mystery shopping) feed backs with your Boutique Manager and set up corrective action plans.
• Co-organize CRM activities within the boutiques as per guidelines.
• Control of the quality of the data base per sales staff.
• Make sure daily traffic is correctly counted on a daily basis.
• Make sure your boutique is properly maintained (lights, furniture ) and take corrective actions.
• Ensure actively the implementation and adherence of Piaget procedures, standards and policies as communicated by the Maison
• Responsible of replenishing stock according to Piaget procedures and policies.
• Maintain effective stock controls to ensure continued stock supply and ensure good management of the stock (Stock record accuracy)
• Take responsibility of designated stock/category, maintain the high standards and report any damages.
• Control the quality of the stock (scratches, movements, batteries for quartz watches ) and make sure all pieces are handled with extra care and in perfect selling conditions.
• Ensure deliveries are processed swiftly and that the boutique s entire product assortment is made immediately available and easily accessible to clients on a consistent basis
• Lead daily and annual stock inventories
• Manage In and Out stock transfers and follow-up (Slip in, slip out, packaging)
• Responsible of the after sale procedure and accomplishment of the boutique (faulty goods, returns, repairs)
• Organize safe and maintain a clean and neat stockroom and back office area
• Replenish of all carrier bags, placing orders and communicating them to management
• Maintain both cashiers desk replenished of all necessary stationary and keeping the cash desks clean and tidy at all times
• Communicate any stock issues to management team in boutique and Head Office
• Communicate to the sales team the delivery schedules
• Monitor actively the boutique team ensuring that merchandise presentation reflect VM standards and general tidiness and cleanliness of the boutique is maintained at all times