Category Other Speciality Other Location Riyadh Salary min On Application SAR Salary max On Application SAR Hospital Our client hospital in located in downtown Riyadh.
You'll find no shortage of places to spend your tax-free salary in Riyadh,. There is a huge list of malls and wonderful places to visit and enjoy your free time. Join the ever expanding Western expat nursing community.
It's not all play, of course-You'll fund this a lifestyle by earning a tax-free salary at one of the leading tertiary referral centers in the region.
Due to the location of our offices, Professional Connections is contracted by this hospital to source candidates based in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. We cannot process your application if you located elsewhere.
Description Job Title: Assistant Chef
Department: Food Services
Prepares and cooks food for Hospital patients and staff. Prepares food according to recipes and established standards. Monitors the kitchen to ensure a high standard of hygiene and productivity.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Checks daily production sheets for all hot food requirements for regular and modified diets and for the cafeteria s needs.
2. Checks all incoming items in the Receiving Area for acceptance as per the required standards.
3. Assists Chef in obtaining raw ingredients required for menus and prepares them for cooking. Supervises staff in the measuring and mixing ingredients according to recipes, using a variety of kitchen utensils. Coordinates and monitors preparation of baked meats, broiled and steamed meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods are prepared.
4. Adjusts and monitors thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
5. Observes and tastes food being cooked and adds ingredients or seasoning as required. Oversees carved meats, portioned food, gravies and sauces, garnishing, steaming of table pans for cafeteria use and plating for patient meals.
6. Apportions servings according to menu combinations or orders for patients or cafeteria needs.
7. Organizes and ensures that cooked and prepared meats, poultries, etc. for use in the pantry or cold food preparation are available. Prepares private dining room buffet and VIP service.
8. Observes all established procedures for therapeutic cooking. Keeps all special cooked foods separated and labels to ensure that all therapeutic needs are met.
9. Observes a high standard of hygiene throughout food preparation; maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Keeps food at appropriate temperatures.
10. Provides coverage to the Chef rest days/leave.
11. Ensures that all production staff are properly trained on new equipment.
12. Keeps abreast of current developments in the field by reading Food Management and other relevant publications attending meetings etc.
13. Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
14. Participates in self and others education, training and development, as applicable.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Benefits It is our client's aim to attract highly educated, skilled and experienced staff. Our client has consistently been an attractive destination for nurses over the years reflected with 30% of the nursing workforce from our source Countries.
What can you expect?
Working for this employer, you can expect an all-around competitive package including:
Attractive tax-free salary
Free flights, accommodation and utilities
Free recreation facilities(gym, swimming pool,etc)
Free transport to and from work
54 days paid leave per year
Continuous professional development
Opportunities for Career progression Requirements Educations:
Associate Degree/ Diploma in professional cooking or High School Education plus formal training or apprenticeship in professional cooking is required.
Three (3) years of cooking experience with Associate Degree/ Diploma or five (5) years with High School in a Hotel, Restaurant or Institutional food service operation is required.