This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Directs a professional team encompassing a range of functions within the discipline.
2. Evaluates staff, comparing objectives and achievements in the assessment.
3. Coaches employees in their professional career development and process improvements.
4. Manages FES Training program and is responsible for the development of the department's annual training program per DOD instructions.
5. Works with training officers and other department leaders to develop training programs to support fire department statement of work requirements, in accordance with NFPA, Army, and other applicable regulations.
6. Performs detailed needs analysis using response data developing specific training programs to support department operations.
7. Ensures competency of personnel by evaluating effectiveness of training programs and administrating DOD fire fighters certification program.
8. Develops job performance requirements, lesson plans, training schedules, instructional methods, and instructional media and curriculum, and evaluation instruments.
9. Performs fire ground/emergency management functions, Safety Officer or other positions as required.
10. Develops, manages, and oversees the Fire Department safety program in accordance with NFPA 1500.
11. Coordinates training program efforts with shift personnel, Army agencies and local emergency response agencies. Develops contacts and leads for training resources
12. Provides instruction to firefighters, Army personnel or civilians as required.
13. Attends, participates, and plays a leadership role in community events in order to enhance the image of the Fire Department.
14. Maintains a close working relationship with other fire service and rescue agencies to develop mutual aid training to assure effective multiple agency responses to emergencies.
15. Performs other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
1. Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
2. Computer skills including MS-Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook.
3. Must be able to pass the required medical and physical exams, as applicable.
4. Must be able to use evaluative methods, to analyze data, and to communicate with other departments.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment. However, duties may occasionally involve working outside with a potential exposure to extreme temperatures. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
Work may require heavy lifting up, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.