Assists in providing high quality patient care i.e. evaluation and management of transplant patients under consultant s supervision.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
I. Clinical Responsibilities:
1. Participates in the care of transplant patients before and after transplantation from in collaboration with Consultant, Transplant & Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery, Consultant, Adult Transplant Hepatology and/or Consultant, Paediatric Transplant Hepatology.
2. Provides on-call coverage for the Department of Liver & Small Bowel Transplantation & Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery.
3. Prepares for and participates in consultant and specialist ward rounds as per policy. Documents all findings in medical records.
4. Follows up on investigation and results for inpatients and outpatients and assists the Consultant in modifying treatment accordingly.
5. Assists in appropriate patient preparation for procedures/surgery and performs procedures/surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
6. Attends specialty clinics, outpatient clinics, day surgical units, day medical units, special procedures, treatment areas as assigned.
7. Attends and actively participates in the Morning Endorsement Meeting, Transplant Selection Meeting, HCC meeting and other departmental and divisional clinical activities.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
II. Academic Responsibilities:
1. Participates in undergraduate and postgraduate educational activities as assigned by the Chairman and/or the Director of the Organ Transplant Centre.
III. Research Responsibilities:
1. Actively participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC.
2. Participates in research activities of the section and the Organ Transplant Centre.
IV. Administrative Responsibilities:
1. Undertakes administrative duties as assigned by Section Head, Chairman and/or Director, Organ Transplant Centre.
2. Participates in all mandatory departmental activities along with the Organ Transplant Centre s Activities, i.e. Staff Meeting, Core Lectures, Research Forum, etc. and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
3. Actively contributes to the Division s and/or the Department s documentation of patient care processes and outcomes in the medical chart and or The Organ Transplant Registry.
4. Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
5. Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
6. Participates in self and others education, training, and development as applicable.
7. Follows all hospital-related policies and procedures.
Graduation from a medical school in good standing and completion of training for a recognized training program.
Minimum of two (2) years experience in the subspecialty.