Manages the day-to-day operations of accounts receivables, ensuring that invoices being sent out are correct and dispersed in a timely manner. Follows up on any delinquent accounts. Researches and decides upon credit authorization for incoming customers.
Education and Experience
4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
Completes accounts receivable period end closing functions and procedures; credit and period end reporting.
Upholds the policies and procedures outlined in the credit policy.
Interacts with sales and catering staff for timely credit decisions on incoming customers.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge to Credit Management Issues
Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
Stays knowledgeable of accounts receivable system.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
Ensures property billings are sent error free and in a timely manner.
Monitors receivables for timely collections and follows up with appropriate collection correspondence.
Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Maintains positive working relations with customers and department managers.
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :