The Assistant Director of Sales is responsible for ensuring the sales manpower resources are deployed effectively to drive revenue streams across the key markets of Rosewood Abu Dhabi. The role involves preparing clear Sales strategies for key market segments and channels of distribution and ensuring the agreed sales plans are implemented in accordance with industry best practice.
• Reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing for sales direction and performance delivery.
• Overseas the planning, deployment and day to day functioning of the sales team
• Responsible for delivering revenue performance against business plan projections (including occupancy, average rate, revenue ,revpar and market share performance.)
• Has no substitution function within the operation.
• Identifies key and potential accounts and acts on them immediately in accordance with agreed business development strategy.
• Formulates clear statements of objectives for the department and ensures their timely implementation.
• Develops realistic, transparent goals broken down by key market segments, presented in the form of a personal business plan. Monitors systematically the revenue performance of key retention, development and acquisition accounts.
• Analyze sales performance statistics and adjust sales team strategy in accordance with changes in the market.
• Performance: should be in abidance with the expectations defined in the goal setting phase.
• Assist the DOSM to foster close long term relationship with key corporate, leisure and group accounts and to qualify accounts by decision maker, influencer, booker, channel and guest.
• Provides recommendations to refine and improve the services available at the hotel based on feedback from the market place.
• Introduce the Managing Director, Hotel Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing to key players within key organizations.
• Represent Rosewood Abu Dhabi at key events, sales trips, roadshows, product launches, and media events.
• Develop and execute a goal orientated e-commerce strategy that delivers the annual goals of these specific market segments.
• Prepares and presents to the DOSM the individual sales targets for that underpin the hotels agreed budgeted revenue objectives.
• Is responsible for preparing and overseeing the individual sales personnel action plan that effectively delivers the hotel revenue goals assigned to them.
• Assists as requested by the DOSM with the preparation of specific marketing initiatives.
• Responsible for granting approval of established discounts for rooms and food and beverage sales including the closing of contractual terms for repeat or bulk business.
• Completes quarterly reviews with assigned sales team of all VIP, corporate, government and transient accounts to ensure they are in-line with objectives. Recommend and oversee the implementation of remedial sales actions to target underperforming accounts.
• Source competitive intelligence and feedback to DOSM and Managing Director.
• Identify relevant marketing opportunities and partnership potential with key corporate companies.
• Participate in planning and organizing key exhibitions, roadshows and sales trips to maximize the brand coverage of Rosewood Hotels and Resorts and optimize the production of short, medium and long term business for Rosewood Abu Dhabi.
• To conduct timely sales meetings with the sales team to provide appropriate levels of professional direction on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• To interface with key corporate accounts, to build a network of professional contacts to drive high yielding business into Abu Dhabi Rosewood.
• Liaise professionally and timely with all department heads as it relates to the coordination of sales issues to ensure their effective execution.
• Ensures proper and timely submission of recurrent and ad-hoc reports.
• Drafting of standard operating procedures (SOP s) for corporate and leisure sales.
• Ensures proper recording of all sales activities carried out by the sales team in Delphi Sales and Catering with weekly sales reporting in place.
• Evaluates the sales teams skill set and recommends training plans to the DOSM that will improve the ability and worth of our sales team to the hotels.
• Handles complaints from contractual partners and informs the department(s) concerned of the results, resolves such complaint so as to retain customer loyalty.
• Provide management team with feedback on the customer experience of corporate and leisure guests.
• Supports all hotel departments in communicating the preferences of senior dignitaries and VIP hotel guests.
• Carries out other reasonable duties that may be assigned to him from time to time and as directed by the DOSM.
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Sales / Business Development