Assistant Head Nurse - PACU
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center in Madinah
Madinah, Saudi Arabia
Contributes to the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care in accordance with the American Nurses Association and Nursing Administration Scope & Standards of Practice. Assists in managing assigned nursing unit. Supervises comprehensive nursing care to comply with established standards. Contributes to the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
Education / Qualification Required:
• A minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is required.
Experience Post Post-Qualifications:
• Four (4) years of hospital nursing experience is required.
• One (1) year of nursing leadership experience is preferred.
• Current Registered Nurse Licensure from country of origin
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates expert ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care employees, guiding more junior staff to deliver effective patient care.
• Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction on unit and supports professional practice model.
• Displays sound analytical and critical thinking ability in complex and rapidly changing situations.
• Deputizes for the Head Nurse in his/her absence to ensure that there is planned, effective, day-to-day skill mix and staff management.
• Ensures total patient care as assigned according to the core standards, organizational values, established policies, and evidence based practices.
• Contributes to the motivation of staff for the enhancement of patient care in a transcultural environment.
• Resolves unit related matters, including advising and counselling staff; refers to Head Nurse or Nursing Administrative designate as appropriate.
• Develops and sustains own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness, and maintains a professional profile. Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position. Supports staff nurses to identify professional practice issues and initiates changes that have a direct impact on quality patient care.
• Contributes to the retention of all staff to meet the assigned area specific turnover rate goal. Actively welcomes new staff/nursing students and ensures appropriate preceptors are made available to assist with orientation. Monitors and tracks individual progress and new staff as required.
• Contributes to increasing the number of Saudi nurses on unit.
• Promotes and maintains effective communication and teamwork. Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
• Assists in preparation of performance evaluations and the ongoing clinical evaluation of all staff. Participates in the provision of continuing education for staff.
• Participates in Nursing and/or Hospital-wide committees.
• Implements policies and procedures for the unit; contributes to writing, reviewing, and/or revising annually as part of professional practice framework.
• Prepares reports and maintains records. Conducts and facilitates unit meetings and maintains minutes as assigned.
• Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings on unit in terms of human and capital resources.
• Maintains supply inventory. Initiates maintenance action and follows up on equipment failures.
• Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
• Participates in self and other's education, training and development, as applicable.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.