• 3 to 5 years experience in like position.
• Graduate in Computer Science or IT
• Previous experience in IT Services or systems support role in hotels or above properties
• Demonstrated hospitality management skills
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong written and verbal communications skills; can effectively communicate knowledge and expertise and has ability to translate technology solutions into business solutions.
• Demonstrated skills in support of applications, hardware, operating systems, and telecommunications.
• Ability to multi-task effectively while setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated matrix management environment (vendors/clients/peers).
• Ability to travel occasionally, must have reliable transportation
• Demonstrated skills in trouble-shooting and resolving problems around PCs, operating systems, servers, peripherals, etc.
Education or Certification
• Graduate in Computer Science or IT
• At least one System-related professional certifications like Microsoft, Cisco, Computer networks etc.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• This position reports to Director of IT.
• May have direct reports (property IT supervisor/officer/specialist/coordinator)
• Responsible for scheduling, performance management, training, compensation and associate development.
• Position may be single- or multi-property (JW Marriott Marquis and Marriott Harbour Hotel and Suites)
• Position may require 24x7x 365 (pager/cell phone) coverage or schedule rotations. The property Asst IT is responsible for determining his/her own schedule in order to meet the business or project needs while maintaining a high level of service to the property
• Property executive committee, management, staff
• Cluster IT team members
• IT Supervisor, IT Officer, IT Specialist and IT Coordinator (direction/escalation)
• Regional team members
• Corporate Information Technology (Shared Services, Applications Services, etc.)
• Develops realistic CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and hotel support/needs requirements.
• Reviews operating statements; researches and resolves discrepancies in technology charges
• Understands the financial dynamics of the hotel and applies knowledge/judgment to achieve technology-related goals
• Ensures that future technology investments are captured in both short- and long-term planning
• Responsible for hotel compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual and is authorized to take action to address deficiencies.
• Creates/conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware.
• Process technology related invoices.
• Ensures technology assets are secured.
• Reviews vendor proposals and determines appropriate vendor selection for local technologies/hardware
• Ensure compliance with technology-related vendor contracts.
• Writes/presents proposals, analyses, project plans, cost models, etc. in a well-written and/or verbally articulate manner
• Provides exceptional customer service.
• Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested
• Responsible for managing technology/asset life-cycle. Ensures that necessary equipment (PCs, servers, telecom-related etc.) is ordered and available
• Accountable for disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
• Foresees, identifies and resolves system(s) performance problems
• Ensures technology assets are secure and well-maintained in accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
• Responsible for maintaining HSIA system as per GPNS. Identified improvements and correction plans, gained stakeholders approval, implemented the plans and achieved a year to date HSIA GSS score of over > X points increase YOY as per goal given in LPP.
• The Asst IT Manager reviews MAARK1 reports on a weekly basis and proactively measures compliance for his property. Involves Tier2 and MAARK1 administrators persistently to report and resolve errors. Maintains a log of errors reported and is able to provide accurate feedback. Security vulnerabilities on servers are attended to within 2 days of identification. Security patches on servers are applied within 1 day of release and is supported by a log entry.
• Retina scans on all servers are performed every quarter and reports logged. No devices get reported in MAARK1 for non-compliance. YTD Dashboard Score - > 95% or as per LPP.
• 100% Completion of Backup Logs and Checklists (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, yearly) - 100 % Completion of all checklist. Proactively suggests improvements on the checklists and implements with Manager's permission. Checklists up-to-date and signature is obtained from manager on time.
• Processes all system access request forms within 4 Business days. Logs all system access requests form received with the Date stamp. Auditable log is maintained to prove that the form is processed within 4 business days. Informs the user / approving manager as with in the same time frame.
• Perform PCI and Data security audit and support the remediation based on findings and Corporate instructions (PTA and PCI). PCIPTA/IPPA is conducted to required timescales, with all remediation items identified. Remediation actions are completed to required timescales. The Asst IT Manager proactively seeks ways to improve PCI processes and contributes towards PCI compliance efforts of other departments. He becomes a PCI champion for h is property and is seen as a leader for the PCI efforts for his area and maintains an ongoing state of compliance through education, process and self-audits within his property.
• Regional Technology Audit compliance minimum 100%
• Compliance with ISRA Audit requirement for IT part.
• Installs, monitors, and maintains telecommunications equipment including cabling and providing technical guidance as needed.
• Performs adds/moves/changes/deletions.
• Supports end-use pager cellular phone issues.
• Troubleshoots high-speed Internet access problems
• Escalates problems as appropriate through Area Systems Manager, GFS, IR Shared Services.
• Desktop Support
• Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to correct server/network.