Key Roles and responsibilities:
• To assist the NPD Team in all aspects of NPD functions including:
• Handling of new component enquiries, price negotiations and draws up development plan based on the new brief and updates supplied by the management/Customers.
• Handling of queries/problems related to new product development.
• Interpret and develops new products according to the briefs ensuring innovative and technologically competent solutions are in line with the project brief, customer expectations, operational constraints and commercial needs.
• To work closely with the procurement team to identify new sources of supply of product needs and sources new raw materials and passes information on new ideas to NPD Department.
• Manages the product development cycle (e.g., timelines, pricing, vendor selection domestically and overseas).
• Stays on top or ahead of new trends, market opportunities, and developments in components, techniques, fashion, fragrances, etc. and Keep track of the competition through various services, databases checking Web sites, market research and various other sources.
• Liaise with suppliers to obtain ingredient samples, specifications etc.
• Meet visiting vendors (fragrance, bottle, cap, packaging etc) and obtains information on new developments. Handles new component enquiries and price negotiations.
• Draws up new product draft costing jointly with Costing Manager.
• Distribute samples to customers.
• Gather comments, suggestions and feedback that can become the ideas for new products.
• Interacts effectively with other departments to support Product Development objectives.
• Maintains component, fragrance and competitive libraries.
• Participates in fragrance evaluation.
• Help consumers move through the new product diffusion, and adoption quickly and effectively.
• To carry out other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned by the NPD Manager from time to time.
Salary: INR 20,00,000 - 25,00,000 P.A.
Industry Type :
FMCG / Foods / Beverages
Functional Area :
Desired Candidate Profile
Qualifications Required: Degree in Packaging, from IIP or SIES.
Experience of 5-10 years.
• Must have worked within New Product Development, or Mould Development functions within a Personal Care, Cosmetics or Perfumery company.
• Experience in developing products for Retail customers would be a definite plus.
Skills & Competencies Required:
• Very strong knowledge of Packaging development.
• Strong knowledge of Packaging Designs for Personal Care, Cosmetics or Perfume products.
• Good understanding of Engineering & Graphic design drawings.
• Knowledge of production moulds & tools.
• Experience in NPD project management - use of tools and techniques.
• Very organized & methodical in his approach.
• Strong analytical skill aligned to critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets.
• Able to lead, motivate and supervise staff.
• Strong English communication skills.
• Ability to adapt and work within an unstructured environment is essential.
UG: Diploma - Any Specialization, B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
PG: Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate: Doctorate Not Required