The Procurement department interfaces with all of the departments and work-streams to acquire supplies and services. The department manages Expo 2020 suppliers, oversees and agrees on all contracts for expenditures, ranging from buying pens to securing large companies to complete major construction projects.
The Assistant Manager - Procurement will undertake procurement activities under the direction of the line manager to deliver the highest procurement standards as expected of Expo 2020.
Main responsibilities for this role include:
- Data gathering of key supply chain KPI s, reporting data and delivering action plans;
- Day-to-day operations of procurement function, working with functional and stakeholder teams in order to achieve high performance standards;
- Handle on going issue, change management and necessary modifications in the contract, ensuring both parties meet or exceed each other's Expectations;
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestone, deliverables, invoicing, etc.) to ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled;
- Maintain Contractual records & documentation and ensure Contract close out, extension or renewal;
- Deliver the procurement process including procurement scheduling activities, scoping and tendering packages, evaluation, negotiation, finalisation and production of robust documentation in order to ensure compliance to set procurement policies and processes;
- Provide regular exception and performance reporting on resource and operational issues across all assignment to ensure any performance deviations are addressed in a timely manner;
- Manage pricing and contract negotiations in line with changing business requirements;
- Monitor and report on supplier performance, and facilitate regular performance reviews with stakeholders in order to assess value and quality of supplier services / products and inform decision-making on future collaborations;
- Maintain and regularly update qualified business suppliers database, in line with Expo 2020 business needs, to ensure data on suppliers is easily stored, accessed and retrieved;
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders to ensure engagement in all activities and support for procurement strategy;
- Perform any other related duties or assignments as directed.