About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and highly motivated Assistant Housekeeping Manager in Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this role is to assist the Executive Housekeeper in the smooth and efficient operation of the Housekeeping Department, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, assisting in the planning process and ensuring all housekeeping areas adhere to the required standards.
The main duties will include:
- To be responsible for the supervision and coordination of all the services offered by the Housekeeping department and to ensure they are carried out as per the department standard
- To study and evaluate the operation of the Housekeeping Department, and suggest improvements to the Executive Housekeeper.
- To assign duties and responsibilities to subordinates and assist the housekeeping colleagues in their duties.
- To check the linen room, pantries, florist and stores to ensure smooth flow of Guest supplies, uniforms and linen.
- To interact with individuals outside the hotel, such as supplies, contractors, and competitors.
- To maintain records of all rota cleaning work, window cleaning, carpet shampoo, drapery cleaning, mattress turning, bedspread cleaning, blanket cleaning and general suite cleaning.
- To follow up on all out of order suites
- To conduct inspection of corridors, service areas, pantries, staircases and public restrooms to ensure proper cleaning.
- To take note of in-house VIPs and arriving VIPs.
- To ensure that all suites are inspected thoroughly and complete
- To ensure that all equipment is well maintained and handled correctly
- To handle guest complains in accordance with hotel policy, reporting all complaints to Executive Housekeeper or Assistant
- To check the logbook and follow up on outstanding matters
- To assist in taking various inventories
- To assist the Executive Housekeeper in the administration work concerning the department and ensure affective handovers are produced.
- To ensure department training is conducted by the certified trainers on regular basis
- To oversee the CUE delivery by the CUE champions each day.
- To assist team leader while they deliver CUE training.
- To plan monthly training schedule in coordination with Assistant Executive Housekeeper, focusing on the training needs of the department.
- To review the training plan every month according to the training needs.
- To conduct class room training and on the job training where necessary.
- To develop colleagues to attain their full potential.
In order to be considered for this role, the successful candidate is likely to have Graduate calibre with a Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management.
You must have at least 5 year experience in similar luxury and 2 years minimum in a similar role in a 5* international environment.
You should have a high level of written and verbal Business English, other European language would be a distinct advantage.
This is a role for a charismatic highly talented individual who thrives in a fast paced and varied environment, who can demonstrate strong leadership, and is looking for the opportunity to grow in one of the world's most famous hotels and be a part of this exciting new project.
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :