The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering is currently seeking a faculty member at the assistant or associate professor level, beginning fall 2020. Candidates for this position must hold a PhD in Mechanical Engineering and have demonstrated or have the potential for excellence in teaching, research, and service. The successful candidate is expected to teach the following courses: Dynamics, Mechanical Vibrations Mechanical Design I, Mechanical Design II, Theory of Machines and Control Systems. All classes and other campus activities are conducted only in English.
Extent of experience with ABET accreditation requirements must be indicated in the cover letter. Applicants must indicate in the cover letter whether they would like to be considered for a full-time continuing position or a full-time visiting position.
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching and research interests, transcripts, and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least three references.
· Teaching undergraduate courses
· Establishment and/or continued development of a nationally or internationally recognized research program
· Participation in departmental, school, and university committees
· Advising and mentoring students
· Participation in outreach activities, such as continuing education workshops
· Obtaining sponsored funding in support of research program
· Minimum qualification includes a doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution of higher education
· Effective oral and written English communication skills
· Commitment to excellence in teaching, including the use of high-impact educational practices, and excellence in scholarship
· Interest and experience in working effectively with a diverse student population
· Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with faculty from a variety of disciplines
· Experience with ABET accreditation requirements
· University teaching experience