• Bachelor s degree in business, hospitality or spa-related management
• Minimum 7 years of experience in recreation field Fitness, spa and/or massage therapy industries, in which two years of experience in a managerial position.
• Excellent knowledge of standard retail store operations procedures.
• Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
• Strong motivational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Customer service-oriented.
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
• Perform specific tasks generally provided them by the spa manager and management.
• Deal directly with customers by answering queries, attending to them when customers enter the spa and orienting them of spa services and products sold by the spa
• Supervise staff and troubleshoot any staff-related issues.
• Must ensure all spa operations are in full compliance with local health and safety codes.
• Apply, observe and enact workplace safety standards; assist with monitoring and record-keeping of store sales, costs, payroll, and profits; fulfill all client services in a professional, correct, orderly and efficient manner and observe quality control in all aspects of the operation and promote.
• Practice exceptional customer service and make sure all staff employees are doing the same; participate in and promote marketing activities; communicate regularly and efficiently with the spa manager and management on all operational aspects; assist with recruitment and interview candidates and assist with orientation, training, performance evaluation and discipline of staff.
• Regularly do inventory and place orders as required; implement and promote ways for store loss prevention and do other operational and managerial duties as assigned by the Spa Manager and management
• Manage day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good performance.
• Work with other department managers to ensure proper staffing levels based on guest volume.
• Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance the guest experience.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts in order to produce group and/or convention business.
• Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
• Being attentive to Guests
• Accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests requests
• Anticipate Guests needs
• Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience
• Demonstrating a service attitude
• Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
• Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers
< Back to Job Search