Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company (SABCO) has worked as the management services contractor directly with our client, the Saudi Arabian Royal Commission for the last 30 years. We are the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) managers, managing design submissions from local AE firms, contract and procurement management, and overseeing the actual construction work being performed by local contractors and sub-contractors in Jubail Industrial City.
Projects we are actively involved with in Jubail include: new residential communities, petrochemical industrial zone site preparation, various commercial buildings and structures, mosques, schools, hospitals, sports facilities, clinics, a new 30,000 student university, utility services and infrastructure (electrical sub-stations, lift stations), roads and highways, port & pipeline expansions, and more.
Assigned to a field construction organization in a supervisory capacity. Responsible for supervising and directing operations within assigned discipline or area. Supervises and directs Contractor's activities, subordinate superintendents and others, as assigned. Ensures assigned construction operations and subcontractors performance are in compliance with specifications and within schedules and budgets. Performs general functions inherent in all supervisory field positions.
A. Supervision Received
• Receives technical and operational supervision from assigned construction superintendent or other designated supervising superintendent.
B. Supervision Exercised
• Provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate superintendents, field staff and others, as assigned.
• Contacts are normally limited to jobsite personnel, including subcontractor personnel, or others as designated by supervising superintendents.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Responsible for field construction operations within assigned discipline or area.
• Determines contractor's workforce requirements. Coordinates established area operational plans. Schedules work to be performed and reviews work accomplished by each craft. Monitors work activities and ensures the quality of work performed.
• Ensures the most current design document is used to complete the work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
• Prepares daily reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress, contractor personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecast.
• Monitors tool usage on the site. Review Field Material Requisitions for tools and consumables and ensures that the crafts have the tools they require to be productive.
• Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
• Responsible for the implementation of client/project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned operations.
• Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas and clients' resident representatives, as instructed by construction management.
• Performs employee reviews and identifies training and development opportunities for subordinate personnel.
• Ensures that client, Bechtel and local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with within assigned area of responsibility. Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into every aspect of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
• Implements Six Sigma tools, analysis, and decision making in the execution of duties.
• University Degree preferably in Civil Engineering or Construction Management with minimum ten (10) years of field construction experience.
• Experience should be related to site preparation, site development, excavation, underground utilities system installation, de-watering, formwork, reinforced concrete and steel construction, and roads & bridge supervision in addition to building work with high quality finishes.
• Basic experience on mechanical and electrical installations associated with building work would be advantageous.
• Experience in constructability study.
• Experience in claim analysis and recommendation.
• Experience working with, supervising and administering subcontractors and/or Direct Hire workforce.
• Knowledge of a single or multi-discipline construction or engineering operation.
• Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan.
• Knowledge of the Six Sigma program tools and methodologies.
• Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
• Knowledge of the use of subcontracts, and the contractor and subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
• Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment
For more information and to view a video on Jubail, please copy and paste the following address into a new browser window so as not to navigate away from this page:
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Industry Type :
Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area :