Preferably with Italian Restaurant Experience in UAE
1. To maintain the standards set by the General Manager for all areas of the operation. To assist and ensure proper training and supervision of all the personnel, to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that compiles with Food & Beverage standard and company policies and procedures.
2. To oversee the duties of the General Manager in their absence.
3. Is responsible for implementing the restaurant strategy, setting, achieving and exceeding financial targets, developing and implementing marketing strategies which promote the restaurant’s offer to our key markets. Taking bookings, developing key relationships and ensuring events are managed effectively by the services team.
• Supervise efficient working of departments and assigned shift, administer pre-meal meeting and rectify all service of staff.
• Administer training program and prepare schedule and handle inventory effectively.
• Monitor and manage guest complaints, ensure satisfaction and administer efficient follow up for same to receive feedback.
• Perform regular inspection of food and beverage preparation and presentation and maintain inventory to enhance sales.
• Maintain and ensure compliance to established food quality and standards.
Manage workload and ensure effective working of restaurant activities and maintain excellent standards to meet operational expectations.
• Train and instruct employees to ensure smooth transition in company.
• Assist and provide training to staff members and offer incentives when necessary.
• Coordinate with General Manager for everyday operation and maintain financial and administrative records.
• Ensure compliance with prescribed standards and local state and federal laws in labor costs, and guest relations.
• Evaluate performance and recommend salary increase, incentives for all.
Maintain personal records, schedules and reports for all employees.
• Develop special, promotional and merchandising plans, advertising materials and ensure adherence to local and company standards.
• Assist employee teams to provide excellent customer service.
• Maintain proper sanitation, hygiene standards in kitchen and maintain effective store presentation.
• Coordinate with team to meet sales target, ensure customer satisfaction and follow company procedures to increase productivity.
• In charge of the overall financial performance of the outlet.
• Responsible for the outlet profitability.
• Responsible for monitoring and controlling the financial performance of the outlet, controlling costs and expenses.
• Work closely with the Accounting/Finance department to manage the overall financial related matter from budgeting, P&L reviews, payments to managing suppliers etc.
• Review and conduct P&L analysis and coordinate with Accounting/Finance department
QUALITY AND SERVICE
• Direct and control all restaurant staff to ensure that all operational matters are handled on time and that guest expectations are met or exceeded.
• Make sure that the SOP are correctly followed.
• Oversee the quality of the food, the service and of the outlet in general.
• Ensure and maintain cleanliness in all areas of outlet.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT:
• Assist on screening, interviews and selects potential staff members to the department.
• Develop and recommends appropriate training to meet departmental needs.
• Encourage, develops and manages effective employee relations throughout the establishment.
• Train Staff selected where needed, and ensure regular training in line with Comida Policies
• Works closely with the Human Resources Manager on the following human resources related tasks:
• Performance appraisals
• Discipline and grievance
• Employee relations
• Wage and salary administration
• Compensation and benefits
• Seek further F&B opportunities that may benefit the Comida portfolio
• Entertains requests to grow the business
Sales and Events:
• Create a unique restaurant experience in line with restaurant’s brand.
• Ensuring regular reviews and updates as required.
• Plan and implement a sales and marketing strategy for the restaurant function, working to clear targets.
• Manage the sales and booking of events including dealing with enquiries, following up with potential clients, meeting clients, and promoting offers.
• Manage the events booking.
• Management system and record corporate and individuals.
• Ensure restaurant’s events are delivered by the services team, by ensuring detailed event management schedules are prepared, and staff are informed on client needs and staffing requirements.
• Maintain effective communication and working relationships with colleagues in order to ensure a joined-up approach to the restaurant activity.
• Nurture and build relationships with current and potential corporate/private clients, conference agencies and corporate/private supporters.
• Work with colleagues on the development of the restaurant’s web-site and social media as tools for the marketing and promotion of the restaurant and to ensure relevant information is reflecting.
• Support the work of services staff in encouraging visitors to engage with our restaurant offer by attending visitor services monthly staff meetings to provide updates.
• Take reasonable care of the health and safety of self, other persons and resources whilst at work and in the course of service delivery, in accordance with the responsibilities placed upon the department under the HACCP.
• To demonstrate knowledge of and commitment to Company Policies.
• Actively pursue own personal development and take full advantage of the training provided.
• Operate to annual restaurant income and expenditure budgets and targets.
• Full responsibility for managing the restaurant’s trading budget and profit and loss account, monitoring performance against agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
• Analyse restaurant figures, interpret trends and forecast future volumes in order to maximise profits
• Maximise turnover and profit working to grow the business in order to support ongoing financial viability.
• Assist the Senior Management Team to identify potential income generation opportunities from alternative strategies to ensure the organisation’s long term financial viability.
• Ensure effective systems for bookings and invoicing are in place, reviewing and updating business processes as necessary.